★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wish Studio
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 266.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You are special trained soldier AKA Moon, year 2014, take the control of soldier "Moon" to fight against terrorism across different maps.

Features:
10 selectable missions to explore across varied environments.(includes live action in a train and aircraft)
Unique top-down gameplay
Explore of the power of award-winning Unreal Engine.

Follow us on
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WISH-Game-Studio/103623889706955
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WishGameStudio#
07-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Ahh Deadlock where are you?? Similar game is ooouut!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Yep, just spotted this myself on the UK App Store. I really wanna grab it, but my iTunes balance is down to 1.30. Bugger!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
07-08-2011, 05:29 PM
It's currently installing for me. We'll see how this goes

If you're reading this, I've already won.
07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
Nice one dude! Looking forward to your impressions...

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
07-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Is it any good?

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
07-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
How'd it go?

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
07-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Impressions?

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
For a universal app, the positioning of those thumb sticks better be adjustable on the iPad. Come to think of it there's no reason for them to be that far in on the iPhone either.
07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I tried to use Screenrecorder to make a video, but it doesn't seem to want to let me, so I guess that's not an option.

Where to begin? First, watch the video that was posted by the developer:

YouTube: video

When I decided to buy the game, I wasn't expecting an amazing game. You can tell from the above video that this game is not going to rival the games put out by the major iOS developers. That's understandable - I'm pretty sure it was made by one person. So I bought the game thinking that hopefully the developer will listen to feedback and make some improvements, because this game does have potential. After having played the game, I still maintain this position.

I'll begin with what's good about the game. The graphics and textures are pretty nice, as you can likely see from the video and screenshots. If you like shooters such as this, then this is probably a game you will like. Honestly, the graphics and textures are really the only thing that stuck out to me when I was playing. I guess the other good thing about this game is that the animations are quite nice. However, they are incomplete - I'll get to this later.

My first complaint is aiming. Say I'm aiming upwards and to the right (using the right joystick). Then all of a sudden I realize that I'm almost dead, and so I decide to bail like the little wimp that I am. To do this, I'd move the left virtual joystick thingy down and to the left (watch the video to get an idea of what I'm talking about if you're confused). However, if I were to do this, I would then be aiming down and to the left. In other words, if you're aiming in one direction and you then try to run in the opposite direction, your character will start aiming in the direction that it's running. I suppose the simplest way of saying this is that you can only move backwards if you walk in one direction and then attempt to aim behind you. For me, this is a big problem. I like to constantly change my direction while I'm shooting. In my opinion, using the left virtual joystick thingy should not affect the direction you aim, just the direction you're walking in.

My second complaint is that, from what I've seen so far (in the screenshots, video, and in my experiences within the game), there's only one gun. It seems to be the M4A1 (not that I'm an expert on guns or anything, but it looks like one), but the gunshot sound used seems more like something from a light machine gun. Maybe it's from some other kind of gun, but I know that's not what an M4A1 sounds like.

My third complaint is movement. This ties into what I said about the animations. Although the animations themselves are good, your character never actually appears to be walking. It looks more like he's gliding across the ground, even though his legs are technically moving. I guess this is because the speed at which his legs move doesn't ever seem to coincide with the speed you move. This is especially prevalent when you move your character as fast as he can go - his movement is way out of sync with his leg speed. Maybe I'm too picky, but these things do bother me within a game.

As I said before, I bought this game primarily to support the developer and I'm hoping for an update to fix some of these problems and maybe even add a bit more content. The title of this game implies that this is the developer's first attempt at creating a game. In that case, more power to him. This is by no means a bad game. From my point of view, it's a diamond in the rough. With some more work, it could end up as an amazing game. But, for now, it's pretty good. You'll get some entertainment out of it and you'll be supporting the developer. It may not be the next Gameloft action game (you'll be able to tell that as soon as you start playing, because the voice acting is actually better than Gameloft's - not that it takes much), but it has some entertainment value. Is it worth $3? That's up to you. Watch the trailer and decide for yourself. However, what I will say is that I don't regret the purchase.

If you're reading this, I've already won.