★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slide Puzzles

04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Slide Puzzles

Since about 20 of these things have been released today I became curious as to whether or not anybody has tried these.

My first thought was that if they put maybe 5 or 10 of these into one game rather than trying to sell a buttload of single puzzles at a buck each, they might actually sell some. But maybe they do sell...? Anyone?

Is this actually considered a game? there's no score or timer. I guess you could say it is.

a link to one of them
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Since about 20 of these things have been released today I became curious as to whether or not anybody has tried these.

My first thought was that if they put maybe 5 or 10 of these into one game rather than trying to sell a buttload of single puzzles at a buck each, they might actually sell some. But maybe they do sell...? Anyone?

Is this actually considered a game? there's no score or timer. I guess you could say it is.

a link to one of them
Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about. I searched for the developer in the App Store, and they have pages and pages of worthless stuff, so I just blocked them in AppSniper.

As for these slide puzzles... I don't personally care for them, but they seem to be ubiquitous on this platform. Making individual ones for single images seems... wasteful.

04-20-2009, 10:45 PM
They need to be combined into a slide puzzle pack... Wtf were they thinking making each a separate app?

back
04-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Are you talking about puzzles like "fifteen"? If so ... I took it off a couple of months ago ... but not because I didn't like .... but only because there were only so many apps you can have (9 pages) .... but may put it back some day.

Bittlebox or Marlene DeGrood (non zombie killer)
Need more positive energy in your life?
http://www.bittleboxart.etsy.com
Follow me (bittlebox) on twitter.
04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
They need to be combined into a slide puzzle pack... Wtf were they thinking making each a separate app?
They are thinking and hoping people are dumb enough to think ooh that looks like a nice puzzle and buy it, only then to realize its just one simple puzzle. Its basically almost a scam is what it is. The guy has prob over a 100 of these things.

These puzzle type games are frequent on the app store cause they are easy to create.

Some devs just try cheap tricks like this to make a buck, look at the other iDracula game for instance and his other apps lol.
04-20-2009, 10:56 PM
DS Effects is making money by bundling all their crap games together.
#112 :: ALL 54 Games Price: $0.99
http://www.148apps.com/148-top-paid-games/
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
why dont people invest $1 on a real slide puzzle? >:l (i dont care for em tho)

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
04-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
DS Effects is making money by bundling all their crap games together.
#112 :: ALL 54 Games Price: $0.99
http://www.148apps.com/148-top-paid-games/
All DS effects games suck (i wouldnt get all their games for $1), just sayin it and strait up puttin it out there >:l

04-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
why dont people invest $1 on a real slide puzzle? >:l (i dont care for em tho)
Haha, well then you'd be potentially carrying around an iPhone AND a physical slide puzzle. People with small pockets would probably prefer to have their phone and nifty slide puzzle merged into one item.
04-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Haha, well then you'd be potentially carrying around an iPhone AND a physical slide puzzle. People with small pockets would probably prefer to have their phone and nifty slide puzzle merged into one item.
ah, well yes >:l