★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: AfterLife: Ground Zero [by Trendy entertainment] (UE3 Graphical Tech Demo)

07-09-2011, 04:21 PM
This might be a silly question, but do you think the iPhone 4 will handle it, smoothly?
07-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
This might be a silly question, but do you think the iPhone 4 will handle it, smoothly?
They didnt say anything about iPhone in that video so I think iPhone 4 wont be able to run this game. Atleast not with all the shaders and whatever effects it's running in that video. iPhone 5 on the other hand should definitely be able to handle this in all its glory.

07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Hmm thanks, I'll be getting an iPod touch 5 so hopefully I'm safe. Look great though!
07-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll be grabbing this (if it's reasonably priced) just to encourage high quality gaming on the iOS.

Kudos to you guys for being among the first (non-Epic/ Gameloft/ EA) to really push the device. I think tablets are an awesome platform and its great to see the dev support.

I've been enamoured with my iPad 2 more than ANY of my "next-gen" systems, and I have all 3. The content delivery, ease of use and development cycles are leagues ahead of what home consoles offer. Now the graphics argument is being put to rest.

I see myself grabbing an iPad 3 before any Xbox 720, PS4, WiiU nonsense. And this is from a 20 year console (and PCs for my MMO fix) vet.

Awesome time to be an iOS gamer.
07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
So umm where can i apply for beta tester?

Nowhere i guess:P
Damn i hope time goes fast, this looks AMAZING!
07-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
I think he meant it's like the game "Prototype", on an iPad...
You are absolutely right. Sorry about that Apocalypse -- dumaz put me in a snarky mood.
07-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd love to see how epic (no pun intended) this game will look, with enemies...

Sweet!

The only thing I hope is that Trendy can better the framerate, while still keeping all of the beauty available on offer.

This really shows what an iPad 2 can do, when pushed to the limits.

Much better looking than Shadowgun, while still better, than any iPad 2 optimizations available in recent games - topping even what the Tegra 2 can do, for sure.

I can only imagine what will happen if iPad 3 uses the same quad core as the PS Vita? (same chip company and tech as iPad 2, except 4 cores vs 2)

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81

Last edited by Pacificsun0481; 07-09-2011 at 10:49 PM.
07-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Here is a teaser trailer.

I assume, this is also applies to iPad 2 as well...as we've seen, it's in working developed state on the platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHqOHcNanqU

07-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
Probably not. The ram onboard the iPhone 4 is the same as iPad 2. However, the A5 chip within the iPad 2 also includes a much better GPU. A version is probably possible, but might look like Infinity Blade did on iPad 1, on an iPhone 4...

07-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
Here is a teaser trailer.

I assume, this is also applies to iPad 2 as well...as we've seen, it's in working developed state on the platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHqOHcNanqU
Hmmm nice teaser but those are not the ingame graphics. To much animations.