★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "The graphics and music are great and the unique controls and gameplay tie it all together in a perfect dungeon slasher package." AppAdvice

This is zombie slaying at its purest. 148Apps

One of the most streamlined experiences in the genre on the iPhone. AppStorm

Simple and funlike a hack-and-slash version of Canabalt. SlideToPlay

Zombie hordes roam the dungeons, slouching and gnashing and smelling just awful.

Survive their endless onslaught in this indie fantasy brawler.

Become Thorn, viking hero of notably short temper. Trapped in the zombie dungeon, you must employ a vicious arsenal of axes, blades, and bombs to hold off hordes of the undead.

SURVIVAL MODE (free): Find the exit before time runs out! Fight your way through zombie hordes in an infinite series of procedurally-generated dungeon levels. Prove your might and best your friends with impressive high scores on Game Center.

SURVIVAL MODE YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmINI7etUV0

ESCAPE MODE (in app purchase): Defeat the Evil Lord Evil and escape the Dungeon of Bad, with multiple lives and no per-level timer. New dungeon zones, new monster types and boss fights, new weapons and levels and gameplay. More Thorn than you can shake a stick at :)

ESCAPE MODE YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_xmz8saDj0

If you're having trouble with the In-App Purchase or unlocking Escape Mode, please email support@goodcontroller.com for help.

Be sure to sync your device to iTunes to back up any In-App Purchases.

*** IMPORTANT ***
Thorn is ONLY compatible with 3rd-generation iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, 4th-generation iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPad, and iPad2. The 8GB 3rd-generation iPod touch is unfortunately NOT 3rd-generation hardware, and thus Thorn is not compatible with it.
07-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Looks good. Any chance of a gameplay video ?

07-10-2011, 07:12 AM
looks good... impressions? videos...i know its soon...im a sucker for dungeon crawlers so maybe ill grab it...is this a "rouge style" rpg? ....(with hopes the dev is reading! lol). Looks like a action game actually...with rpg elements and maybe "waves" of enemies...hoping for some nice bosses...

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..

Last edited by Trev1; 07-10-2011 at 07:15 AM.
07-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Maybe they would have been better of showing full screenshots instead of shots that take half the screen up.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-10-2011, 09:40 AM
So has anyone tried this game yet? Is it about a dungeoncrawl or more about an action-survive?
07-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
That should be its own website lol good job Vovin!!! so......anyone want to try this game
07-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Pretty fun game in my opinion so far. You have to touch to control where you want to move and drag your finger to throw his axe, to attack you tap the bad guy.

You have to get to the end of the dungeon and reach the stairs to the next floor before time runs out.

I'd say the only problem I have with it right now is the controls. This game would function much better if there was dual stick controls.

Also sometimes you attack a bad guy it wont land the attack and you will end up taking damage.

So far its a pretty fun game.
07-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Classic.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-11-2011, 04:32 PM
some screenshots for you!

hey guys! I'm one-half the Thorn development team

We're currently working on a gameplay video, which we'll get live ASAP.

I've posted a bunch of Thorn screenshots, for those of you who don't want zombie hands blocking your view:

http://skitch.com/goodcontroller/

Also, to answer that earlier question about gameplay: Thorn is much more an action-oriented arcade game than it is a roguelike or RPG. The play is fast-paced, and the end goal is to survive as long as possible and get a high score. So, think Gauntlet (timer, health, stuff trying to kill you, reach the exit) rather than Diablo (levels/stats/gear).

-matt

Last edited by kidsorrow; 07-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.