★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Paraglise
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.0 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *DotRace is one of its kind Social Racing Game for friends. Face-to-face, simple & Fun!*

You will enjoy its HD features on iPhone and iPad:

Up to 4 players on one board

Cool racetracks of various difficulty level

Easy 'Tap to turn' control

Dots' respawn after crash

Ghost Ball to help you beat your personal bests

Get absorbed into this simple speedway-like game, that lets you compete with your friends or challenge yourself against time.

When playing with your pals, sit close to each other and help one of four lovable balls get to the finish line before the others. Just make it turn in the right time.

It will cheer you all up with its fine tune and effects, but it is not only a great game to socialize with your friends. It's an exceptional tool to improve your focusing skills, enhance your brain flexibility, learn thinking ahead and speed up your reaction time (not only racetrack #9:)

Play together! Play Dot Race!

AENIGMA's comments:

07-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Looks great!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Looks fun! I'm gonna try the lite version
07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
The idea is decent, but the game itself is very lag, even on my iPad, and makes the game terribly slow, and hard to control.
07-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevax View Post
The idea is decent, but the game itself is very lag, even on my iPad, and makes the game terribly slow, and hard to control.
It's pretty laggy on my 4th gen too... =o/

Anyone else having lag issues? might be because I need to clear up some space on my device... =o/
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Game Impressions

I bought it on the assumption that it was universal. I based it on the, rather blurry, screenshot in the game description.
A bit disappointed that it isn't universal, but it plays allright on my iPad 2.

No lag on iPad 2, and the game is pretty fun.
Haven't had opportunity to try out multiplayer, but competing against the clock is pretty fun.

The game have a pretty unique idea: you can only ever turn left! Whenever you'll want to turn your dot around a corner, you press a button, and the dot turns left. It's more challenging than you might believe, due to the clever level design, at least on the later levels.
If you hit a wall, splat, you're dead!

One big drawback though: There's only 6 measly tracks, that's really not good enough!
I completed the game in under 10 minutes, and is very disappointed.
The first 2 levels are intro levels, and very, very easy.
Then 4 much more interesting and challenging levels, which leaves you hungry for more.
In reality there's only those 4 levels you'll ever want to play more than once, even in multiplayer.

If it had been a free app, it would have been ok, but as a paid app, it's much too little, even for a dollar.

In conclusion:
Fun little game, I'm sure it'll be fun to play in multiplayer, but requires at the very least double the number of levels, preferable more.
It's not exactly reckless racing graphics, it should be relatively easy to make additional levels.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

Last edited by Bytebrain; 07-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.