★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Brendan Wood
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 45.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Zeke is lost in space...help him get home! Use Gravity Nodes to push and pull Zeke through 6 unique and challenging Galaxies. Collect bones, fire missiles and place your own nodes to solve the mind-warping puzzles! Zeke in Orbit is an experience unlike anything you've ever played: an action-physics-puzzle-platformer with simple touch controls but challenging levels that will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours and hours!

Features:
-6 Strange Galaxies with 10 Levels each
-3 Bones on each level to challenge your abilities
-Smooth physics based mechanics unlike ANYTHING you've ever played!
-New abilities and obstacles introduced every 5 levels to keep things interesting...
-Bonus Levels and unique modes of play
-Original soundtrack and engaging sound effects
-Emergent gameplay: never beat a level the same way twice!
-RETINA DISPLAY graphics for iPhone 4.

*******PRESS REVIEWS**********

TiPb: "Its a lot of fun and very well made with natural feeling physics. It only took a few moments of gameplay to get me hooked!"

CaniPlay - Zeke in Orbit is a very hard game to describe because it's sooriginal, I suppose it's puzzle, physics and action...and you have to play it to understand it. But be warned once you do play it, you won't be able to put it down for hours.

5/5 Stars iPhoneGamerUK - "So much fun and addictive it hurts. Recommended and must own in my opinion if physic based puzzlers are your games of choice."

Blamza.com - It is an easy to play, hard to master type game and frankly those are the best.

FloydianSpiral's comments:
Happy to announce that Zeke in Orbit is now officially a universal app! Available for iPhone and iPod Touch and an HD version available for the iPad! The iPhone/iTouch version is ON SALE NOW for only 99 cents until FRIDAY! Get it before it goes up!

I'm doing my masters of science in game design and have been working hard on this game for the past 8 months and believe it introduces gameplay mechanics that are like nothing currently used in other iOS games. Give this game 5 minutes and you will be HOOKED trying to get all the bones. I created all of the music and Sound FX as well and believe them to be truly engaging. Since I will be working further on this project I would appreciate feedback: what types of levels do people like most? What would you like to see more of?

I plan on updating this game with new modes, challenges, and game center support...so please check out Zeke in Orbit while its on sale and help a small indie developer try and make if only a tiny splash in a big sea!

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfiiY...eature=related

iphone/iTouch Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zeke-in-orbit/id447645400?ls=1&mt=8

HD Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zeke-in-orbit-hd/id445283398?mt=8

Happy Orbiting!

-Brendan Wood
07-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Looks awesome!! I'll definitely add this one to my "buy with next paycheck" list... Should be able to pick it up on Thursday... =oD

07-11-2011, 01:34 AM
So is it universal or is there a separate iPad version then?..
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Gabrien, there is an HD version for the iPad. It was originally developed for the iPad so if you have both get the HD version. The iPhone version is a port: still the same game but to get it under the 20 MB limit I had to take out some of the additional songs.

Btw, all of the review sites I've contacted have emailed me back saying that there's pretty much no way to get a review unless I do a paid review. Does anyone know of sites that you don't have to do this? Indie Brendan here doesn't want to pay $50 to have a guy say my game is good : p
07-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Looks interesting! I like ball rollers and think the gravity polarity to control is a nice twist on this type of game.
07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for all the support...I've gotten some pretty positive feedback by people and am anxious to see what all the review sites say!
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Game Impressions

I'm enjoying this so far, some of the levels are very tricky with the timing and aiming, higher up levels added these floating/rotating obstacles and some one time only boost and pull nodes, can't wait to see whats coming up next!