★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games (or Apps) I Regret Buying

07-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Games (or Apps) I Regret Buying

Could a mod please delete this thread.

I had no malicious intent in creating this thread and had hoped it would help others decide on games that they were on the fence about as you usually only seem to hear about the good aspect of games (especially in the What Should I get Thread) and not so much the bad.

Last edited by Ethanp; 07-11-2011 at 08:16 PM.
07-11-2011, 07:10 AM
It's difficult to regret a $1.19 purchase but for the sake of this thread, Spirits because its repetitiveness sends me to sleep. Then again, I have poured several hours into it. I think it just needed another palette swap and change in music.

Last edited by EnShinNoi; 07-11-2011 at 12:27 PM.

07-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Dislike this thread.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

Last edited by LOLavi; 07-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Is it necessary to make a thread saying the bad things about games? Should we not be mentioning the positives?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Is it necessary to make a thread saying the bad things about games? Should we not be mentioning the positives?
Yeah but can you imagine a thread where it was Games(or Apps) I Enjoyed Buying? A whole lot of apps are enjoyable and fun where as there are fewer games that are just plain horrible.(at least at the top of the charts)
07-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
There are threads for positives and ones to recommend (What should I get thread for example). Anyway, I find it's much more informative knowing the bad things about games.
07-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanp View Post
There are threads for positives and ones to recommend (What should I get thread for example). Anyway, I find it's much more informative knowing the bad things about games.
Yes but a thread like this is very disrespectful to the dev's that put much effort into games.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Yes but a thread like this is very disrespectful to the dev's that put much effort into games.
I don't really think it is. Basically it's just a kind of short review. I'm not saying all aspects of the games were bad, just parts that were enough to make me regret purchasing it. If someone is on the fence about a game (like I was about most of the above mentioned) it would be nice to have a forum like this to see how people feel about the game (someone who isn't a review or critic).
07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
It's hard for me to say which games I actually wish I didn't buy, because I have bought so many but haven't played a lot of them, even though they are good games, so I can't really say I regret buying it, but I don't really know if I'll ever play it.
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
This. regreting a purchase or not liking a game is all based on opinion. There will be a massive amount of people that like the game too. So posting it on here may hurt a dev with a perfectly good game that a lot of people like. but someone sees it on here and doesn't purchase it. not only does it hurt the dev, but the person misses out on what could be an awesome experience. And the devs are often on this forum. Seeing their app getting publicly shamed for a reason that many may not agree with. That is disrespectful and hurtful. And if you want a thread for deciding whether to get a game or not, this http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=23990 is what you need. not some disrespectful dissing thread.

im back guys!