★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: .Matrixx - a trippy avoid/collect game from the maker of 'Air Supply - 1bit Run' :D

07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
.Matrixx - a trippy avoid/collect game from the maker of 'Air Supply - 1bit Run' :D

Hello lovely peeps! Hope you're well and enjoying the sunshine (if you have any!)

I’m hoping that this Friday (July 16th) will see the release of the next Quantum Sheep game, .Matrixx (pronounced ‘dot matrix’).

It's an iPad exclusive game, and sees the player posing as a hacker, piloting an ‘avatar’ within the enemy mainframe, ‘Lothos’, trying to collect blue data spheres while avoiding the enemy red data spheres and picking up powerups!

The enemy data spheres are constantly changing direction, and are later joined by ‘Homer’ and ‘Stalker’ enemies – a challenge for most people!

Movement is controlled using just one finger and relative touch! Move in a circle, up+down, left and right, anywhere on the screen, and your avatar does the same

The pressure increases as time goes on, and the game’s very very simple, but fiendishly addictive!

The game has:
Powerups
Unlocks (music, avatars and backgrounds)
GameCenter leaderboards
Achievements
Awesome retro inspired music by Amiga Agia
That 'one more go' feeling

Here are some screenshots, and I hope you’ll enjoy playing the game on your iPad!

I hope to get a video up in the next day or so for you!

Just wanted to say a big 'thanks' to everyone that has played Air Supply - I hope you find this game just as addictive!

Any questions, do feel free to ask!

Cheers everyone!

QS
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello again!

I made a quick vid to show what the game plays like (as you can't really get a feel for it just from words and pics!).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hope you enjoy, and sorry for the moments of out of focusnessness

Cheers,

QS

07-12-2011, 06:29 PM
I had the pleasure of beta testing this app, and it was extremely addictive! I was busy at the time, and I ended up dedicating way more time to it than originally planned!

The music and sound fx remind me of an old PS1 classic, Wipeout Xl which I LOVED, so that brought back the fondest of memories.

The gameplay is SUPER addictive! Various powerups are available, and the spheres can change direction at any moment.... you have to play it to see what I mean, this really is a gem of a game!

It's an endless type game, but a very different twist on it... defo give it a try!
07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I've been playing the full version for review purposes and this is a great example of a fairly simple concept being honed pretty close to perfection.

A lot of thought (and love) has gone into the controls (relative touch which I always love), game mechanics and the overall feel of the game. Add in some unlockable graphic themes and music, GC achievements and online leaderboards and here's a game you will be coming back to again and again.
07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
I've been playing the full version for review purposes and this is a great example of a fairly simple concept being honed pretty close to perfection.

A lot of thought (and love) has gone into the controls (relative touch which I always love), game mechanics and the overall feel of the game. Add in some unlockable graphic themes and music, GC achievements and online leaderboards and here's a game you will be coming back to again and again.
Wow - thank you, sir! That's very kind, and I'm so glad you liked it!

I'm looking forward to the release - but I'm not sure when that'll be! Probably Saturday by the looks of things! I messed up a bit! Oh silly sheepy! :P

And here's a video done by the awesome Jojopet - another tester - hope you like it!

Youtube link | Pop Up

QS
07-14-2011, 05:53 AM
The game's graphics remind me of a mix between Geometry Wars and Rez. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for any updates
07-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
The game's graphics remind me of a mix between Geometry Wars and Rez. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for any updates
Cheers for that! Appreciate it!

I know this will be a hard sell - it's hard to get people interested in it just based on the screenshots - you really have to see it in action... play it even... to really get what it's about!

So here's another video!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Also, the game will be $.99 for the launch weekend - it should be out this Saturday - and then it'll go back up to $1.99

I'm hoping that at the reduced price, it'll encourage people to maybe give it a go this weekend!

Overall though, I really just hope people enjoy it!

Many thanks,

QS
07-15-2011, 03:19 PM
No iPhone version? =*( sniff sniff

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
07-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
No iPhone version? =*( sniff sniff

I *could* do an iphone version... but honestly, I tried it, and it just doesn't feel the same due to the smaller screen size...

I'd rather you saved your money for my *next* iphone game

QS
07-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumsheep View Post
I *could* do an iphone version... but honestly, I tried it, and it just doesn't feel the same due to the smaller screen size...

I'd rather you saved your money for my *next* iphone game

QS
Or maybe someday I might get an iPad! *Dorothy starts singing 'Somewhere Over a Rainbow'*

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80