★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Robots Love Ice Cream.

07-11-2011, 02:14 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Robots Love Ice Cream.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-for-the-ipad
Quote:
Robots Love Ice Cream is an original independent Unity 3D game currently in development for the iPad and iPad2, slated for release to the Apple App Store in 2011. In the game, you'll play the role of an ice cream truck driver defending the galaxy from robotic invaders by stuffing them with delicious weaponized ice cream treats until they explode with joy...because Robots Love Ice Cream.

Robots Love Ice Cream will be defined by beautiful effects, exciting battles, humorous weapons and animations, fantastical and colorful environments, and action that makes the player feel adventurous and heroic.

We've got solid plans in place for how the game will be structured, with plans for specific levels, achievements, boss battles, challenges, and an exciting new gameplay mechanic that allows the player to spin the game world 360 degrees to launch ice cream themed weapons in all directions with the swipe of a finger.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
07-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Yay!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
07-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for your interest guys! I actually had a thread posted in the Upcoming iPad section. I don't mind the coverage here though as well, To be fair, we don't have definitive plans to bring it to the iPhone. We're thinking the experience is going to be a bit compact. Once we're done with our first push on the iPad version, we'll look at what other platforms this game would play well on.

This week, we're working hard to bring everyone a better look at the gameplay of the game on Friday. The Kickstarter pitch video actually is showing off the gameplay mechanics demo, which sort of conveys how the game will play, but not at all how it will look aesthetically. The final game will showcase 3d characters.

If you guys have any questions let me know. I'd love to tell you whatever you'd like to know about the game. We still need a lot of support to get the Kickstarter project funded, so please spread the word. Thanks again!
-Burton
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Congrats on being successfully funded.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Congrats on being successfully funded.
Congrats!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the support! We managed to get some significant shout outs on Twitter and press coverage in our midnight hour to get to our goal with about two hours left. Currently, we're getting some logistical things out of the way and ramping things back up in production.

I'll be sure to share details with you guys as things continue to develop with the game. Take care.