★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

icade

07-11-2011, 02:52 PM
icade

Hello guys...

Do you own a icade unit???

if yes do you enjoy it??

How many game work with it?? is it reponsive to quick input?!
it seem really easy to implement in game. we are thinking of using it as an alternate control scheme for our next game Brotherhood of vengeance (oldschool fighting game)

(Actually those screenshot are really old i should update them at one point)

Update:

Our 1st test with the iCade.
We started to test it on NoGravity our space shooter game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Its pretty easy to add in so we are going to add iCade support on more Realtech games.

Twitter: @realtech_VR
Visit realtech VR Facebook page.

Last edited by Bmamba; 07-17-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: add video of our 1st test.
07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Omg... That looks... Awesome!!! Where can I buy it and how much is it?!!??!? Do they sell it in Australia (or ship it)?

Last edited by TakenXXDeadly; 07-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.

07-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
Omg... That looks... Awesome!!! Where can I buy it and how much is it?!!??!? Do they sell it in Australia (or ship it)?
Thank you. It's not out yet.
There is no release date. we wan t to do something really good so it take time.
The game will be published by chillingo.
The price is TBD at this point but I am sure it will be reasonable.

So you own a icade controller?

07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I own one. Yes, the controls are responsive to quick input (based upon playing MOS Speedrun).

It's very nice, but there are not enough games that support it yet. Only ones I know are the Atari Greatest Hits (I paid $15 for the full package and regret it, because the games are not really well suited to the iCade), MOS Speedrun (which is a fun platformer and plays great on iCade!!!) and a top-down racing game whose name escapes me right now.

Your new fighting game looks great!!! Congrats! I would be interested in it.

Yes, please add iCade support to it! We need more games for iCade! Personally I really want to see some vertical SHMUPS (like the Cave games) but I'll take a fighting game too if it's fun.

Last edited by Chocolate; 07-11-2011 at 07:52 PM.
07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
I own one. Yes, the controls are responsive to quick input (based upon playing MOS Speedrun).

It's very nice, but there are not enough games that support it yet. Only ones I know are the Atari Greatest Hits (I paid $15 for the full package and regret it, because the games are not really well suited to the iCade), MOS Speedrun (which is a fun platformer and plays great on iCade!!!) and a top-down racing game whose name escapes me right now.

Your new fighting game looks great!!! Congrats! I would be interested in it.

Yes, please add iCade support to it! We need more games for iCade! Personally I really want to see some vertical SHMUPS (like the Cave games) but I'll take a fighting game too if it's fun.
Yes! it s incredible than so few game support it. from what we readed on the internet it s really easy to implement too. (use bluetooth keyboard input)

I ordered an icade yesterday...can t wait to try it!

07-12-2011, 05:08 AM
I dont have an iCade and as much as I'd like to try it, I doubt I'll ever shell out for one. For your game, I think it'll be pretty neat if you do support it. But you should also add support for Joypad and iControlPad. I dont see myself getting an iControlpad either (it looks shitty but then its the only one out there), but I really do love Joypad (its free and its awesome!)
07-12-2011, 05:16 AM
In that photo of the iCade it has a screenshot of Donkey Kong

Wheres that from ? I thought the Atari app was the only one supporting the iCade and Donkey Kongs not in that.

Any idea ?
07-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
In that photo of the iCade it has a screenshot of Donkey Kong

Wheres that from ? I thought the Atari app was the only one supporting the iCade and Donkey Kongs not in that.

Any idea ?
Thats the original mock up april fools photo, no donkey kong atm unfortunately. See this thread for supported games so far;

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=96023

I'm having a nightmare getting my ordered icade from expansys, when I ordered it 2 weeks ago it said stock expected in 5 days, this changed yesterday to packaged waiting to ship but today my status has changed to stock expected in 9 days!

Last edited by kevlar x; 07-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.
07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar x View Post
Thats the original mock up april fools photo, no donkey kong atm unfortunately. See this thread for supported games so far;

I'm having a nightmare getting my ordered icade from expansys, when I ordered it 2 weeks ago it said stock expected in 5 days, this changed yesterday to packaged waiting to ship but today my status has changed to stock expected in 9 days!
Ahhh okay thanks. I was super excited for a split second !!

Yeah i've got the Atari app, not too bad, the update which helped fix 'some' of the controls helped but a lot of disappointing games, wish they would do an Atari App II with many more classics.
07-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar x View Post

goodluck with your shipping... mine should arrive in 6 days.