★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ++++++++++++++++++++++

Gamepro Award 87/100 Points!

Dear friends - help keeping Silversword alive and kicking! The sequel "Götterdämmerung" is on the horizon! You can support it by becoming a fan of the project on startnext.de, there german crowdfunding platform. See it here: http://www.startnext.de/silversword2
Becoming a fan is without risk and it is free! You don't have to pay anything. But I will raffle a computer game (winner's choice) among all Fans, so just sign up there and choose Silversword 2!

Dear fans, thank you for your great support so far! And if you don't know Silversword yet, take a look at the reviews - and see for yourself!

Silversword is a mobile fantasy role-playing game which will take you to the mysterious lands of Tarnak, a world far beyond reality. Gather a band of brave heroes and face the evil that is about to destroy mankind.
Silversword is a game in the style of The Bards Tale, Wizardry and Might & Magic - enjoy memories of old with new devices.

Main Features:
- 7 races to choose from, each with it's own special abilities
- 11 classes, each with it's own skills, virtues and flaws
- over 400 unique items
- 5 different magic runes to augment and enhance your items
- over 90 spells, songs and prayers
- over 100 unique monsters
- over 30 different maps with different styles (dungeon, overland, swamp, city etc.)
- guilds, shops, taverns, training halls, temples and many more interesting places to be
- integrated automap + quest log
- day / night cycle with different effects on your magic and the surroundings
- fast travelling services
- countless hours of interesting gameplay
- Game Center support with interesting and challenging achievements
- universal app, no need to push the "2x" button on your iPad

Limitations of the Lite Version:
The Lite Version contains all features of the full version except that you can raise your characters to level 6 only. In addition, the road to Annsharbour is blocked.
Some more limitations and rule changes of the lite version:
- In the full version, there is an inventory limit of 12 items. The lite version does not have such a limit.
- In the lite version you will gain only 50% experience points per fight.
- In the lite version the Song of Life will heal every party member, not just a random one.
- The lite version contains only a fraction of the full version Game Center achievements.
- You cannot class change your casters in the lite version.
- No wandering creature will offer to join your party.
- No In-App Purchases are available (including the Compendium).

Please visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silversword/153263391396680

You can follow us on twitter, too. @silverswordinfo is your channel to get the latest news, cheats, and hidden secrets.
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Ok, I seem to have found a bug already on the ipod. After walking around a bit, i went to look at some of the characters details. Then if I try to go back to walking around the movement arrow is far to the left and I can't see the left turn or left arrow at all.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

Last edited by Marcus70; 07-11-2011 at 09:59 PM.

07-11-2011, 10:29 PM
The screenshots certainly do take me back. Look forward to giving this a try.
07-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Shame on the delay for the full game but glad to have something to kick around. Hopefully the developer retain support/updates to include iPod/iPhone issues.
07-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Yes, it is a shame that the full game cannot be released by now.
But there is much to do, quests to finish and graphics to polish.

I hope you can enjoy the demo nonetheless. Should give you some hours of playtime.

We will look into each issue of course, the next update is already in preparation. Don't hesitate to give feedback so we can include your wishes in the full version.

Developer Silversword

A tribute to the past - Silversword for iPhone / iPad is here. For all you The Bards Tale and Wizardry Lovers out there. http://www.silversword-rpg.com
07-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah finally, I hope that I can play today
07-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Game Impressions

It's one thing to go for an authentic retro experience in this genre, but I think it's taking things a little too far when you deliberately lower the level of user friendliness and interaction to a point that the original games of this type were saddled with by necessity. It's perfectly possible for the gameplay to remain authentic, and infinitely more enjoyable, without the authentic clunkiness of the UI being thrown into the bargain.

I'll take a trip back for the gameplay, but not if it means I must put up with DOS-style interaction. Particularly not as a "feature."
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Definitely taking me back, but also reminding me that my eyes aren't what they used to be. Anyone else feel like they need a magnifying glass to read everything comfortably?

Developer: The Epic of Roderick by InstantLazer Studio
TEoR blog Now including the Economics of the App Store series.
Twitter: twitter.com/instantlazer
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Looking forward to the full game and +1 for having Barry Gibb as your icon.
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
This game definitely reminds me of Bard's Tale, one of my favorite RPGs. But yeah, the UI definitely needs work. Buttons on the left are hard to see, text is too small (making tapping on the text buttons difficult), and you can't tell the text box is scrollable just by looking at it (needs a scrollbar or arrows on the side). Movement buttons are pretty bad looking too. The character stats box could be smaller - turn "Character Name" into just "Name" and narrow that column. Then narrow the other columns a bit by removing some of the blank space. That will save a fair amount of space that could be used for the movement buttons.

The game also needs to be multitasking friendly.

Otherwise, game has a lot of promise - I like it more than Wizardry (which also has a bad UI - I think people underestimate how important a good UI is).

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams