Games Similar to Megaman (X)?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by playing_games, Jul 12, 2011.

1. playing_games

playing_games Member

May 26, 2011
    Hey guys, I did a quick search and I saw we have a few threads about platformers and games similar to Mario, but I was wondering more specifically, if we have any games similar to Megaman? Preferably the X series.

I have played the released megaman game and it left alot to be desired, and the closest thing I have found is Grokion, is there anything else?

Thanks in advanced guys.

2. playing_games

playing_games Member

May 26, 2011
    lol...well then..

3. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the version of Mega Man 2 that's available is a port of the mobile phone version. I'd suggest going under options and setting it to classic mode if you haven't done so already, it's still a buggy imperfect version of the NES classic but it does get rid of the horrible floaty jumping. I'd recommend Gunstar Heroes if the game had a better d-pad that actually allowed you to fire at angles. I haven't come across anything that plays close enough to Mega Man to recommend that actually has usable controls.

4. playing_games

playing_games Member

May 26, 2011
  5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It's been five years... Can we do any better now? Venture Kid got a rather lukewarm write-up at the start of the year. Is there anything else better?

6. digitalphil

digitalphil Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I've kept contra loaded on every ipad i own... I'm certain it's out of the play store now...
    as for Mega Man type games... There's of course Mega Man X... Venture Kid..The Random Heroes series...
    and Mutant Mudds

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Apocalypse Max from Wandake is imo the best run and shoot on ios, 'mainly because the game and controls are tailored to mobile (even ig they are virtual buttons), so that the game is playable without being frustrating. Besides that I would recommend the Metal slug series (even though you"ll probably use a lot more continues than with physical controls), Venture Kid and star Marine! which I think is more Contra-like but playable and fun, the thing is I dunno if its still aviable for purchase as the game isnt even updated to screens bigger than 3.5 Also, the Megaman X game for capcom still functions normally on my 7 plus running the latest 10 update so there's that as well.

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    There are some decent run n guns, but I don't think I've found anything on iOS that pushes quite the same buttons a Mega Man game should. Capcom's weak ports are probably the best, and they're not real good at all.

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Sigh... The Capcom ports themselves look pretty janky. Can't we get the PSP remake, Maverick Hunter X? Loved that game...

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Well, in that case the best bet is jail breaking and playing that game via ppsspp. Plus super sharp graphics. You'll need a very recent device though to brute force the emulation. Sad that the touch arcade jail break section was removed from public view.

11. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009