★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An exciting new chapter in the Ace Attorney series!

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth takes the Ace Attorney series from the courtroom to the crime scene, leaving the legal battle behind while bringing the action to various crime scenes. This time around, the player takes on the role of famed prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, a memorable rival of charismatic legal eagle Phoenix Wright. Edgeworth actively investigates crime scenes in order to pursue the truth behind each case. By solving the challenging puzzles presented him, Edgeworth will work with the police to bring criminals to justice.

Game Summary
Guide Miles Edgeworth through various locations, examine and analyze clues, work directly with characters on the scene, find contradictions in suspect statements, and get to the truth by presenting decisive evidence.
Investigate crime scenes to search for evidence and confront other characters to find contradictions in their statements, to get closer to the truth.
High resolution graphics optimized for modern devices.
Utilize the all-new Logic system, where Miles can choose two pieces of information out of the various pieces he has collected and combine them to discover new information.
Reproduce the crime scene using the in game hologram and discover new information.
Experience the famously eclectic cast of characters of the Ace Attorney universe.

Boardumb's comments:

12-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Ace games are coming out quicker than I can finish them a great problem to have
I have all the mobile ports so far even the japan only one and I enjoy them all!

12-08-2017, 02:06 PM
after fixing MHFU and releasing MH Stories in Japan plus all the Ace games that are dropping Capcom is on the nice list this year!
12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Oh man... Yesss! Just what I wanted!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria
12-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Had to pick this and Apollo Justice up this morning since they were both a little bit on sale ($11.99 vs $14.99-ish) and I'm still working through the original trilogy. This'll keep me busy for the next 100000 hours.

I think play order is the original trilogy, Apollo Justice, Investigations, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice (for US releases anyway). I'll buy DD / SoJ sometime later, couldn't justify going all in while they were a few bucks off despite picking up AJ and Investigations.

iPhone X Silver 256gb ATT / iPad Pro LTE 128 12.9" & 9.7"
Apple Watch Sport Series 0 / Switch / Vita / n3DS / PS4 / PS3
Animal Crossing: 6648 4943 739 / Pixelle
12-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic View Post
I think play order is the original trilogy, Apollo Justice, Investigations, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice
Almost! Investigations is between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Where does the Japan only version land in tang order
The new ace attorney
12-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Weird! Thanks! I think from some forum post somewhere I had this saved out to Notepad where they mentioned a good play order:

PLAY ORDER:
1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
4. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
5. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
6. Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path)
7. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
9. Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (The Great Ace Attorney: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Wright)
10. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

I just assumed it went "trilogy", then Apollo, then Investigations... maybe I'll mix it up and play Investigations after the trilogy, then Apollo! Maybe the play order list I had was from Japanese release dates or something...

iPhone X Silver 256gb ATT / iPad Pro LTE 128 12.9" & 9.7"
Apple Watch Sport Series 0 / Switch / Vita / n3DS / PS4 / PS3
Animal Crossing: 6648 4943 739 / Pixelle
12-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic View Post
Weird! Thanks! I think from some forum post somewhere I had this saved out to Notepad where they mentioned a good play order:

PLAY ORDER:
1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
4. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
5. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
6. Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path)
7. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
9. Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (The Great Ace Attorney: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Wright)
10. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

I just assumed it went "trilogy", then Apollo, then Investigations... maybe I'll mix it up and play Investigations after the trilogy, then Apollo! Maybe the play order list I had was from Japanese release dates or something...

Well story-wise Investigations takes place between Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, for all thats worth.

Honestly the Investigations games are pretty much standalone in a way, they dont matter much, what matters is the main 6, AA, JFA, T&T, AJ, DD and SoJ need to be played in that order.

For Layton vs Wright and Investigations it doesnt really matter.
12-08-2017, 11:11 PM
I also just purchased Spirit of Justice full unlock for the sale price (I actually bought chapter 1 before the app went free a while ago). I really love the character designs in that one so I might play that first.

As for this game I'll play the first chapter on and off but I'm excited to try it. I hope it's long. It seems like the 1st trilogy was the longest per chapter. I played Spirit of Justice chapter 1 and it was waaaaaaaay too short. I hope the rest of SoJ is longer. And I hope Ace Attorney Investigations is as long as the 1st trilogy. I like to get invested in long stories rather than short ones.

Also a note: I'm rather annoyed by the app title not fitting on the icon. I decided to message Capcom about it. All the other Ace Attorney apps made sure to fit the title under the app icon but this one they didn't surprisingly. I hope it gets fixed as it just doesn't look nice.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria