Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause007 View Post
Why is it called 'Pocket' RPG if it is iPad only Unless you've got your MC Hammer pants on, I don't think your iPad will fit in your pocket. Fail.
I saw Hammer at Facebook a few months ago, he's friends with a friend of mine, I could ask him about the iPad pants.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Are you guys starting a new quest? You begin a new quest at low level and no equipment. However, you keep your skill unlocks, and can find new types of gear based on what you purchased between quests. This is all explained after clearing quest 1.
Does it get easier because you unlocked more stuff? Or harder because the quests scale up? Does it keep being challenging, or does it get "played out"?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Xenosage

Great game. I'm also playing with Battle Mage, for I love magic ^_^

Personally, music, graphic and gameplay are at the very high level. Good job
Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

A plus about it taking a month before it comes to the iPhone that comes to mind is we will have a more refined version with less bugs.

Still sucks to wait, but I'll get by.

Any chance I could hear what kind of updates/content will look like in the future for this game?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
iPad

Exactly like Misguided says, every quest is designed to start at level 0 with only basic items and end with the hero being epicly powerful. Think of each quest as a mini-RPG which you have to beat.

Someone asked about the warning that says "Current Quest Progress will be overwritten" when you press the start button. This just overwrites the progress within the last played quest, it doesn't overwrite any of the skill or item unlocks or the number of quests you have completed.

But if you are half-way through a quest with another character, starting a new quest will at the moment overwrite that progress... We are going to fix this with the next update. We will make it so that you have 3 proper save slots.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
I was really looking forward to buying this but now I am unsure after reading all the problems.

I can accept that you can only use one character but what bugs me is the thought of the game resetting my character each level. How are you supposed to keep hold of the elite items which you find if you lose them at a later stage..
When you start a character, you start off as a level 1 nothing with no skills or moneys. After your first quest, you have moneys that you collected and stars you earned from leveling up. With the stars, you learn skills (for the Dark Ranger, one example would be a skill that lets you start with poison arrows). These skills are permanent. Once you learn them, you have them for good.

Money allows you to "master" items. When you master an item, it is also permanently mastered. Mastering it allows you to find it more often in quests. Pair specific item mastery with the skill that increases the drop rate of stuff, and you could potentially nab yourself a sexy piece of gear in the first/second chest.

You don't notice the fact that you start back at level 1 each quest - I haven't gotten past the fourth quest yet (crashing bug needs addressing investigation in the first update), so I don't know what lies far ahead. Imagine that Infinity Blade meets Gauntlet, sexes it up for a bit, and poops out Pocket RPG. The offspring is similar to its parents, but unique in its own way.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Playing all characters I think the ranger is sort of like easy mode. Gona finish with ranger first.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nao View Post
Playing all characters I think the ranger is sort of like easy mode. Gona finish with ranger first.
I feel the opposite, the Ranger is so weak. The Battle Mage has mana but dishes out tons of AOE + Damage
Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
You don't notice the fact that you start back at level 1 each quest - I haven't gotten past the fourth quest yet (crashing bug needs addressing investigation in the first update), so I don't know what lies far ahead.
Looking into this right now! (will be in the update)
Old 07-14-2011, 11:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Is anyone having problems getting achievements? Each time I boot the game, it gives me the "Game Center connected" screen, and I've unlocked quite a few (by the end of mission report), but GC still has me at 0 achievements. GC achievement leaderboard has me at 3 points (though I should have around 20 by my count), but still no achievements listed.