App description: Nominated for GameSpot's "Best mobile game of 2011"! Was one of the top five!

Works for both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad.

Follow cm_games on Twitter for more updates on Pocket RPG and all of Crescent Moon Games other titles. Aralon and Gears are on sale now!

Enter a world overrun by hordes of monsters. Explore trap-filled dungeons and face mighty bosses. Collect piles of treasure and items and invest in dozens of abilities and unlockable equipment. Test your skills against the oncoming darkness.

Pocket RPG is a dual-stick action dungeon-crawler. In it you can choose from three distinct classes, each with their own combat style.

The Blade Master:
A duel wielding melee specialist. He survives by clearing swathes of enemies with each of his mighty strikes. He has devastating special moves which skillful players will be able to use to decimate their foes.

The Dark Ranger.
A deadly archer who can summon waves of arrows that bounce, seek and split. Perforate your enemies with dense walls of arrowy death.

The Battle Mage
A powerful, but fragile, nuker who controls the forces of fire, ethereal, ice and lightning to obliterate groups of enemies. Charge up her spells to critical levels and unleash maximum destruction.

Each quest in Pocket RPG is a new adventure. The hero starts at level zero with an empty sachel and collects items and rapidly builds their strength to dizzying proportions. Pocket RPG is not a "my numbers beat your numbers" game. Items matter and the way you use them is even more important.

Pocket RPG provides hours of fantasy hack 'n slash mayhem. And there are Game Center achievements and leaderboards if you do manage to make it to the end.

Expect updates with new content as well as gameplay improvements and fixes. We are working hard to give you the best experience we can.


Features
- Full iPad iOS Support
- Random level generation.
- Amazing stylized 3D environments, monsters and characters.
- 3 Character classes 3 different playing styles.
- Dual stick for moving and attacks.
- Automatic skills/stat progression based on the items your character equips.
- Lots of Looting.
- Swarms of creatures to take out with devastating combo moves.
- Boss encounters.
- Leader Boards, Achievements and Unlockables.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:


iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)











07-13-2011, 09:09 AM
#11
Omg omg omg, YES!

Can't wait for this to hit the U.S. store!
07-13-2011, 09:15 AM
#12
UI/Control Customization

Is it possible to customize the location of the left and right virtual joysticks?

I love these sort of games, and yours looks great, but the controls look static and cumbersome. Is it possible to move the location of these controls to a more natural position further up the left and right side of the screen?

As reference for what I am talking about, Dungeon Hunter 2 made it so you can move the virtual joystick to a comfortable position. Although, the best setup I've seen is like FF3 on iOS, where the joystick shows up only where you touch.

Are there any customizations like this in your game? Or are the virtual joysticks statically placed in the bottom corners of the screen?

Your game looks great, and I'm looking forward to playing it! Thanks!

07-13-2011, 09:24 AM
#13
I will probably get this tomorrow but am wondering if this game brings anything new to the table? Seems to remind me of Pocket Legends (minus multiplayer but with the classes and cartoonish look). How's the loot, plentiful? Are you able to get rares, epics, etc., how many weapon and armor slots do you get? Also what's the max level capped at, anything to do once you beat all the bosses? Again probably a buy for me, just have a few questions first if anyone can answer
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by awthaye View Post
Is it possible to customize the location of the left and right virtual joysticks?

I love these sort of games, and yours looks great, but the controls look static and cumbersome. Is it possible to move the location of these controls to a more natural position further up the left and right side of the screen?

As reference for what I am talking about, Dungeon Hunter 2 made it so you can move the virtual joystick to a comfortable position. Although, the best setup I've seen is like FF3 on iOS, where the joystick shows up only where you touch.

Are there any customizations like this in your game? Or are the virtual joysticks statically placed in the bottom corners of the screen?

Your game looks great, and I'm looking forward to playing it! Thanks!
in the options theres an 'advanced mode' that lets you have the sticks wherever your thumbs land on the screen.
07-13-2011, 09:36 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
in the options theres an 'advanced mode' that lets you have the sticks wherever your thumbs land on the screen.
Awesome!!!!! Super excited to play the game! Thanks for the quick reply.
07-13-2011, 09:49 AM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by studepaber007 View Post
How's the loot, plentiful? Are you able to get rares, epics, etc., how many weapon and armor slots do you get? Also what's the max level capped at, anything to do once you beat all the bosses?
I would love answers to these questions too. Also, how random is the loot? Are there almost unlimited varieties of weapons & armor (different powers, etc)?
07-13-2011, 10:29 AM
#17
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
I would love answers to these questions too. Also, how random is the loot? Are there almost unlimited varieties of weapons & armor (different powers, etc)?
The game play unlike anything we've seen so far in the App Store -- think an action game combined with rogue-like. I guess it's closest to Solomon's Keep, but the way it handles leveling and randomization is very different. Not to mention that the visual polish is in another scale altogether. There's a ridiculous amount of loot, but, again, the way it's handled is unlike anything I've seen on iOS (or anywhere else, for that matter). The whole thing is designed to keep gameplay fresh at all times. It's not so much about building up a character as it is about building up the potential of the character.

Personally I think it's awesome, but when it comes to CM games I'm not an unbiased observer.

Last edited by squarezero; 07-13-2011 at 10:31 AM.
07-13-2011, 10:39 AM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The game play unlike anything we've seen so far in the App Store -- think an action game combined with rogue-like. I guess it's closest to Solomon's Keep, but the way it handles leveling and randomization is very different. Not to mention that the visual polish is in another scale altogether. There's a ridiculous amount of loot, but, again, the way it's handled is unlike anything I've seen on iOS (or anywhere else, for that matter). The whole thing is designed to keep gameplay fresh at all times. It's not so much about building up a character as it is about building up the potential of the character.

Personally I think it's awesome, but when it comes to CM games I'm not an unbiased observer.
Some RPG elements sound similar to Bug Heroes with building up the potential of the character. My type of game for sure! I think I'm looking forward to this more than any of the other releases tonight thanks to all the mentioned features(especially randomization for added replayability). The long wait is almost over.

Game Center: Diligence
07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
#19
Cool, didn't realize this was hitting today.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I played it earlier for about an hour and did encounter at least one fairly serious bug, so it's possible it's been pulled?
We pulled the 1.0 for now until the 1.01 is approved - found some issues that needed to fixed. 1.01 is already submitted and we are awaiting approval.
Stay tuned...

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.