• Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 14.9 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get ready to meet one gooey hero
Blobtopia is at risk from some nasty pollution from the evil Big and Powerful Corporation, and its up to you to help! Blobster is an awesome platforming adventure with a twist! Flick the flubbery fella across incredible levels; avoid pitfalls, water hazards, squish pesky bad guys and collect amazing power-ups on your way to cleaning up Blobtopia and defeating Blobzilla!

Blobster Highlights
Forty unique levels like youve never seen before, with more to come.
Amazing level design will have players in awe as they fling their way through the engrossing campaign.
Super easy to pick up and play, flick Blobster around using the intuitive control scheme.
Collect game-changing power ups, including the ability to rocket through the sky, float like an angel or transform into a giant.
A variety of pesky enemies to squash, each with their own special ability Blobster must overcome.
Twelve Special Bonus levelsgift them to your buddies.

For more information please visit www.chillingo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=100447

TA Hands-on: http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/08/gd...zler-blobster/
07-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Oooooh I was waiting for this one. It's gooooooooood!
Now all we need from Chillingo is Contre Jour and Roll In The Hole. And I'm one happy gamer.

07-16-2011, 03:40 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15.Minutes of Gameplay.
07-17-2011, 12:56 PM
How are the controls on the HD version? I much prefer playing games on the iPad, but find that for platformers the iphone sometimes works better.
07-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
How are the controls on the HD version? I much prefer playing games on the iPad, but find that for platformers the iphone sometimes works better.
Hi Lena, thanks for your interest in Blobster!

Extra care has been taken to ensure good controls on the iPad. On the iPad you have an extra control that we call "The Blobster Remote" which allows you to stretch him using your thumb at the edge of the screen, so you do not have to move your finger all over the larger display - though this also works for players who prefer it!
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks divinerobot!
It is so weird that this thread is so empty! I hoped to hear from people who are playing the game. I am very glad to read that you took extra care with the iPad controls though, so I bought it, and I can confirm that the controls work fine on the iPad.

Sad to say that I have to agree with the TA review about the sound though. I have never played a game before that I absolutely wanted to mute

Last edited by lena; 07-20-2011 at 03:16 PM.
07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Thanks divinerobot!
It is so weird that this thread is so empty! I hoped to hear from people who are playing the game. I am very glad to read that you took extra care with the iPad controls though, so I bought it, and I can confirm that the controls work fine on the iPad.

Sad to say that I have to agree with the TA review about the sound though. I have never played a game before that I absolutely wanted to mute
Hi Lena, great to know you appreciate Blobster! We are know some people don't like the sound effects - we'll look into it and see what we'll do about that. In the meantime, have fun in Bloptopia and spread the word! /Blobster Dev Team