★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Shake Spears is a game of GLORY, HONOR, and FAME! Become a valiant knight and enter tournaments to compete for the heart of a beautiful lady. Travel through FOUR worlds of wonder, win battles in 20 cities, and beat challenging bosses in this epic game. It's time to become a HERO for the ages!

Take out opponents with well-aimed strikes in knightly competitions of strategy and precision! Only a steady hand and a trusty steed can guarantee your victory! Upgrade your skills, armor, and weapons, and remember to use a dash of magic to overtake your enemies. Will you answer the call of destiny and become the most honored knight in the land? THEN SHAKE YOUR SPEAR!

There's also iPhone version of this game! Check the App Store!

GAME FEATURES:
Four worlds with epic bosses
Opponents AI
Special abilities and skills
Magic artifacts
Unlimited upgrades
Stunning graphic and battle effects
Online multiplayer to prove once and for all you are the greatest knight of them all!
Changeable knight class become a mighty alchemist, an enchanting warlock, or a handy mechanic!

-------------------------
Web-site: http://alawar.com/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/AlawarEntertainment
Twitter: @AlawarMobile

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Shake Spears is a game of GLORY, HONOR, and FAME! Become a valiant knight and enter tournaments to compete for the heart of a beautiful lady. Travel through FOUR worlds of wonder, win battles in 20 cities, and beat challenging bosses in this epic game. It's time to become a HERO for the ages!

Take out opponents with well-aimed strikes in knightly competitions of strategy and precision! Only a steady hand and a trusty steed can guarantee your victory! Upgrade your skills, armor, and weapons, and remember to use a dash of magic to overtake your enemies. Will you answer the call of destiny and become the most honored knight in the land? THEN SHAKE YOUR SPEAR!

There's also iPhone version of this game! Check the App Store!

GAME FEATURES:
◇ Four worlds with epic bosses
◇ Opponent’s AI
◇ Special abilities and skills
◇ Magic artifacts
◇ Unlimited upgrades
◇ Stunning graphic and battle effects
◇ Game Center leaderboard and achievements
◇ OpenFeint support
-----------------------------------------
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for free by searching for "Shake Spears! HD Lite" in the App Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
★ THE TREASURES OF MONTEZUMA HD – Trigger Power Totems in this dazzling match-three adventure!
★ SNOWY: THE BEAR'S ADVENTURE HD - Run, jump and kick your way through four perilous game worlds!
★ SNARK BUSTERS: WELCOME TO THE CLUB! HD - Experience the ultimate steam punk romance as you search for the Snark!
★ FARM FRENZY 2: PIZZA PARTY! HD – Return to the farm to create your favorite food!

For more games, visit us at iphone.alawar.com!
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shake-spears!-hd-lite/id438668008?mt=8

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=100464
07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice! Instant Buy!!!!!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

07-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Is there any multiplayer to this?
07-13-2011, 11:19 PM
I really want to see a game play video for this; I'm not clear at all on the game mechanics. Sounds like an interesting concept, but what is it that you actually do ? I'd also have to say that unless there is multiplayer with this, I would feel the game had missed the mark.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
07-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
I really want to see a game play video for this; I'm not clear at all on the game mechanics. Sounds like an interesting concept, but what is it that you actually do ? I'd also have to say that unless there is multiplayer with this, I would feel the game had missed the mark.
There's a lite version to try. It's pretty simple gameplay, you slide your finger to aim your weapon and move your shield. There are various power ups and spells. The lite version is very short but gives some idea of gameplay. The game is simple but kind of fun. I would hope it gets a little more complex and difficult as you progress.

Last edited by caltab; 07-13-2011 at 11:30 PM.
07-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm not really sure about this game. I downloaded the lite version to check it out. I wasn't impressed. Basically, there are two jousting knights on the screen. You control the knight on the left. There are two virtual controls that you use to control the height of your shield and your jousting spear. The goal is to use your shield to block the opponents spear while using your own spear to inflict the most damage. The game is split up into rounds. You keep jousting until you or your opponent are defeated. You earn stars and money based on how well you perform. You use the money to buy upgrades. After playing through the first 5 levels, I didn't really feel like playing anymore. There didn't appear to be different game types. I didn't see any multiplayer options. The controls were all touch based, not tilt. It just wasn't compelling enough to make me want to keep playing. I'd suggest checking out the free version before buying.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
07-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Shake Spears! - the unique game of Glory, Honor and Fame

Today Alawar Entertainment releases a trully EPIC game Shake Spears! If you're a fan of Game of Thrones or Camelot tv-series you'll never miss a game like this
Unique gameplay, spectacular hand-crafted graphics, knightly competitions, battle with bosses - that's a true medieval experience on your Apple device! It's time to become a HERO for the ages!

INTRODUCTION PRICE - $1.99. Just for a limited time!

07-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Multiplayer will be added soon through the update, you can be sure of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphes View Post
Is there any multiplayer to this?
07-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abutova View Post
Multiplayer will be added soon through the update, you can be sure of that
I'll be picking this up tonight.
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
I just wonder ... in the first world not a single knight pulled up the lance!!!
That is too easy.

-----
On GC I am FPEX