• Publisher: elpixo
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 5.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: A UNIQUE 3D CUTTING GAME INSPIRED BY QIX BUT SO *SO* MUCH MORE....

100,000 Downloads and growing!

REVIEWS
"Gaming App of the Day" - Kotaku
"It's rare to find a game that embraces such an enjoyable mechanic" - TouchArcade
"Its got a lot of polish and its well-made" - SlideToPlay
"A highly playable game" - PocketGamer
"Curvebot will prove to be nothing short of refreshing. It looks great and is ideal for play-on-the-go" - TheSixthAxis
"It's a unique idea with good controls, great presentation, and a lot of content" - AppSpy
"If a pizza slicer was a robot, and had to come up with diabolical ways of carving things up, that slicer would be Curvebot" - EvilAvatar

GAMEPLAY
Curvebot is a groovy, cunning, curvy drillin' bot on a mission to save his fiery friends from the dull, dreary drones.

Make cool CURVY cutouts of each world's unique shape.

See the 3D chunks fall away - curvy satisfaction!

You're a winner when there is 20% or less remaining. Curvebot has to deal with 72 different world shapes from penguins to ghosts, lobsters to teddy bears and frogs to crocodiles!

Levels are spread over 12 animated worlds from rippling water, 70's dance floors to the mad crazy boss vortex.

At the end of each level sit back and watch how you carved up the world with the unique ACTION REPLAY.

Play in "Cunning" mode where you can tune your cutting instincts before Curvebot's power runs out.

FEATURES
Great gameplay - Free your Fiery Friends and avoid the Drones.
2 Game intensity modes - "Casual" and "Cunning"
Finely tuned multitouch gives you precise Curvebot control.
Gorgeous 3D graphics - supports retina display and a super silky smooth 60 frames per second.
Full built-in tutorial to keep the head-scratching to a minimum.
72 levels over 12 worlds - hours of fun & bags of variety (+ more levels on the way)
9 types of Drone to contend with - each with unique AI to challenge you.
7 types of "Clever Coin" - each with unique powers to help you in your quest.
10 bonus "Tail Challenges"
3 Special levels - for extra giggles!
Action replay at the end of each level.
Content suitable for all ages.
Full Game Centre support with leaderboards and achievements.
Supports iPod background music.
Supports Auto Rotation.
Super efficient 5Mb download size - won't take ages to download or waste your valuable memory!
My *personal* technical support if you have Curvebot hassles.

Curvebot is a cracking game that's great fun to play. I've worked very hard all year to perfect this game and I really hope that you enjoy playing it.

Marcus.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Help Curvebot rescue his Fiery Friends through 60 great levels of fun!

☀ Great original gameplay - Free your Fiery Friends and avoid the Drones.
☀ Finely tuned multitouch gives you precise Curvebot control.
☀ Gorgeous 3D graphics - supports retina display and a super silky smooth 60 frames per second.
☀ Full built-in tutorial to keep the head-scratching to a minimum.
☀ 60 levels over 10 worlds - hours of fun & bags of variety.
☀ 8 types of Drone to contend with - each with unique AI to keep your mind racing.
☀ 7 types of "Clever Coin" - each with unique powers to help you in your quest.
☀ 10 bonus challenges - for when you get good at this game.
☀ 3 Special levels - for extra giggles!
☀ Action replay at the end of each level.
☀ Content suitable for all ages.
☀ Full Game Centre support.
☀ Supports iPod background music.

Curvebot is a cracking game that's great fun to play. Get it now at a special introductory price.

Supported Devices
☀ iPhone 3GS
☀ iPhone 4
☀ iPod touch 3rd Generation
☀ iPod touch 4th Generation
☀ iPad 1
☀ iPad 2

Supports iOS 3.2 or better (also, takes advantage of extra features in iOS 4 if you have that)

07-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Is there a gameplay video somewhere?

07-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymadison View Post
Is there a gameplay video somewhere?
Yes please, this looks quite interesting but it's in desperate need of a video.
07-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Curvebot

I'm the developer of this game. I'm based in the UK and didn't really expect this to go live yet (It's still the 13th here)

There is a video coming tomorrow (it's actually rendering as I write this) - but there is a full description and more screenshots on http://www.curvebot.com

Also, if anybody has any questions, I'll be awake for a couple of hours yet & back tomorrow.

Marcus.
07-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpixo View Post
I'm the developer of this game. I'm based in the UK and didn't really expect this to go live yet (It's still the 13th here)

There is a video coming tomorrow (it's actually rendering as I write this) - but there is a full description and more screenshots on http://www.curvebot.com

Also, if anybody has any questions, I'll be awake for a couple of hours yet & back tomorrow.

Marcus.
Welcome!! I will jump anyway. As a robot it's my duty. Screenshots look fantastic, so I'm going to trust you One hour to go here in Germany.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Welcome!! I will jump anyway. As a robot it's my duty. Screenshots look fantastic, so I'm going to trust you One hour to go here in Germany.
Great!

You won't regret it - I'm well pleased with how it's has turned out (I've been playtesting this for weeks now and can see those drones in my sleep!)

Let me know how you get on.

Marcus.
07-13-2011, 06:17 PM
The screen got me really interested, will buy it, its been a while since i purchased a good game...
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Playing for 15 minutes now. Marcus, you did a brilliant job. The Retina graphics are TOP! And frame rate is smooooth. Controls work perfectly. Really the most beautiful "cutting" game out there. The one big challenge: Since it's 3D, you can't see the enemies behind you, so you never know when they cross your line. That makes this game a lot harder (or at least, you cannot go full risk)... But on the other hand, you got boost balls which give you a speed bump for a short amount of time.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. Quality everywhere! Congrats.

07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Playing for 15 minutes now. Marcus, you did a brilliant job. The Retina graphics are TOP! And frame rate is smooooth. Controls work perfectly. Really the most beautiful "cutting" game out there. The one big challenge: Since it's 3D, you can't see the enemies behind you, so you never know when they cross your line. That makes this game a lot harder (or at least, you cannot go full risk)... But on the other hand, you got boost balls which give you a speed bump for a short amount of time.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. Quality everywhere! Congrats.
You pretty much sold me with your review. Looks like I'll be taking the plunge at 11 tonight.
07-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy3 View Post
You pretty much sold me with your review. Looks like I'll be taking the plunge at 11 tonight.
No waste of money here. Right now, I can't see a single flaw. There are GC high scores and achievements, special bonuses to achieve, stars to earn... a lot of motivation to replay the levels. And the package looks and sounds fantastic. Great game, really.