★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Realistic Ninja Fighter with Anaglyph 3D mode Coming Soon

07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Realistic Ninja Fighter with Anaglyph 3D mode Coming Soon

Deadly Mira to be released on August 13!

The game combines elements of classic arcade fighters (controls), platformers (you have to run through floors) and RPGs (character/skills development).

I think it'll be the first realistic fighter game of this kind on the iPhone. It'll feature a female ninja as the main character, fighting off units of guards, robots and ninjas. It won't be one vs one fighter, but one vs >5 enemies, sometimes even >15 enemies.

If you're interested, make sure to subscribe to this thread, as more information will be posted here as soon as available.

--------------
Update 6: Ninja Fighting Gameplay Demo

--------------
Update 5: teaser:

Youtube link | Pop Up

--------------
Update 4: Adding Screenshots

----------------
Update 3:
So the game will be available in August this year:

----------------
Update 2:
Here's the second video with the correct handling of the device. It's one of the first level, so these are the weak opponents.

The action gets really cool when you have 5 Ninjas chasing you with kicks, punches, spin kicks and so on.

Youtube link | Pop Up

----------------
Update:
Here's a demo video of the game (testing the localization). Don't wonder about the way I am controlling the device, it's just to avoit shaking it:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by HighSkyDiver; 08-12-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: update / adding picture, video / adding release date
07-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, the description sounds great, but that single screenshot tells me nothing about the game.

07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, the description sounds great, but that single screenshot tells me nothing about the game.
Okay, added video to the initial post.
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSkyDiver View Post
Okay, added video to the initial post.
Looks promising - I'm a big fan of beat 'em ups.

I'm having a hard time picturing how it'll feel using those controls.

Do you need beta testers?
07-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Agreed. Those controls do feel a little weird. I hope the devs tested it with enough gamers to make sure they arent as weird as it looks right now. Other than that, the game looks interesting enough.
07-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeh, Im not 100% about the controls.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Controls

Thanks for your replies.
Hahaha .... of course, you don't play the game like I do in the video. As I mentioned (the lines above the video) I played it this way to avoid shaking the device, as my camera isn't very good.

So, normally you would take the control with both hands and touch the buttons with your thumbs like in Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. I've done a lot of testing regarding the controls. Maybe you've got to get used to them, when you're used to joystick controls, but the testers so far didn't even mentioned that there could be problems controlling the game, which is a good sign.

I didn't want to have the classic joystick controller for this game, because I think it's not a good gaming experience to have your fingers obscuring half of the screen. So check out the second update to the initial post. I'll leave the old video there for people to understand the discussions above.
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
when will this game be out? this month? year?
07-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Looks good but maybe needs a bit more enemies? Hard to tell via the game demo.

Jimbo_00
07-24-2011, 06:07 PM
@Sai113: Game will be released in the first half of August. It depends on how quick the review is done by Apple.

@Jimbo_00: Thanks. There will be more enemies, a lot more. The level you see in the video is (I think) the 3rd, so it'll get more difficult the further you get.

By the way, there will also be a story in the game. And there will be a really cool bonus feature, that I'll announce the next few days, so just follow this thread. A tip: you'll need some glasses for that.