★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 9 FACTORY
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 71.9 MB
  • Version: Ver 2.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: 9 Hero Defense was finally updated into 2.0 version.
You can make a much more interesting play because Mission Mode, a new mode, was added through this update.
You can have fun different from Story Mode as a new map, new boss zombies, and fishing, a mini game, were added in Mission Mode added this time.
Thanks all the people who have loved 9 Hero Defense all the while and waited for update.

UPDATE
- Mission Mode is added.
- A mini game and a background.
- Boss zombies are added.
- Game sounds are added.
- The level that heroes are changed is added.
- The maximum level of heroes is raised up to 50.
- The level that super heroes are changed is added.
- The maximum level of super heroes is raised up to 30.
- Store items are added
- The balance is adjusted.
- Icons are changed.
- Other bugs are corrected

To. my beloved animals.
Dr.Z has turned the entire humankind into zombies.
The humankinds last hope is the babies kidnapped by Dr.Z.
All we have left is you, who are not infected.
I will awaken your hidden power.
You have to save the babies no matter what.
The fate of the world is in your hands.
I wish you become the heroes who will save the world.
From Dr.K

P.S.
-Battles are available in line 4.
-You can transform 3 times.
-You have 3 different skills for support.
-When battle becomes difficult, a superhero will come and save you.
-Never put your guards down. There is a rumor saying that they also
have super zombies on their side.
-Always be prepared for zombie attacks.
-You can defeat zombie attacks using three different methods.
07-14-2011, 01:55 AM
If this game can support 2G, it will be great!!

07-14-2011, 01:59 AM
This looks really cool. You need more comments on this.
07-14-2011, 02:12 AM
inb4welltehothergaymhaz1000heroeswaishudibaidis

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Ok. First impression after playing a stage (if I play further this is no first impression):

The gameplay is very interesting and I could not stop laughing see a cat bashing a zombie. That put a smile on me. The music matches the game. Sounded like adventure action type.
There is tutorial at the beginning for those new in this genre. And oh yeah, there is at least a storyline in it. But I need to play further to find out why it is called 9 heroes.

However, I do like to point out that using accelerometer to scroll the battle field is not as smooth as it look. I prefer to scroll manually. It is a great idea nevertheless.

P.S: Upon the first look, I got a feeling that this is develop by a Korean Company. I stayed there for some time ago so I know more or less their drawing style. Upon checking, it seem like it. 게임이 아주 재미있다. 수고하셨습니다.
07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I got the game a few days ago. It isn't bad, but it isn't anything spectacular either.

The game's field has four lanes a little bit similar to Legendary Wars, Plants vs Zombies, et al. One the left side is your laboratory/house/HQ/whatever and on the right side is always a cemetary. Protecting your HQ in each lane is a single defender that always stays where it is. I think this is some kind of rodent with a spear or something. When you lose those guys you don't get them back on the same map (think lawnmowers in PvZ maybe).

You use a single regenerating resource (life potion) to produce units which you send down any of the four lanes. The regenerating resource consists of two statistics - capacity (how much you can store) and regeneration speed (how quickly the resource refills itself).

The gameplay itself consists of waiting for the life potion to fill up enough to allow you to produce units. When you want to create a unit you simply select the unit's profile icon at the bottom of the screen and select one of the lanes. The unit will be produced on the left side and will march to the right side of the screen always in the same lane, attacking any enemy units they come across. If they can get to the end of their respective lane then they will start attacking the enemy's HQ (the cemetary).

The enemy units will at first be produced in different lanes (similar to PvZ) on the right side and they will walk towards your HQ in their lane. Later on in the game enemy waves will appear similar to PvZ where a lot of enemy units will show up at one time in different lanes. Also, periodically larger boss and mini-boss units will show up.

If you can defeat the enemy HQ and all units on the screen then you have won that stage. The next stage is then unlocked and you can proceed. You can't replay previously played stages from what I can tell. Regardless of whether you win or lose a stage you collect a certain amount of "money" (I forgot what its called in-game) that you can use to upgrade your units and unlock new units. You can also upgrade HQ stuff like additional health for your HQ and upgrade your starting spear-wielding rodent defenders. The ability to upgrade your units in between maps reminds me of Army of Darkness Defense or Legendary Wars. You keep all upgrades for the remaining stages (from what I've seen) so if you unlock or upgrade something you keep it for future stages.

What is interesting is that the only way to get new unit types is to unlock them by purchasing the ability to produce them in between stages. What is nice is that even if you lose a stage, you get to keep money to unlock and upgrade units so if you hit a hard stage you at least get a chance to do some "grinding" to get more money to make yourself better between attempts.

The gameplay itself is not as interesting to me as PvZ and seems about on par with Legendary Wars although you lack as much individual unit control. The gameplay is about on par with Army of Darkness Defense but I like AoD Defense a bit better due to the control you have over Ash in that game and the game itself is more polished in my opinion.

Hope that gives a decent overview of the game. Probably worth 99 cents but its not the best defense game I've played. Not the worst I've played either. One tip - upgrade the regeneration speed of your "life potion" resource when you can and before you go crazy with unlocking the better units be aware that you may need to ugprade the maximum capacity of your life potion so you can have enough to even create the better units.

EDIT: Adding a couple of items. First of all, you can purchase special abilities ("skills") that remind me of the specials that Ash can use in Army of Darkness Defense. I had forgotten those. Also, the combat sounds get tiresome after a while.

Overall, the game is decent but could have been better. Seems a bit of a mashup of AoD Defense, PvZ, and Legendary Wars to me. Not as good as the three of them but it is interesting and I have had some fun with it. It wasn't horrible enough for me to delete yet and I've played through at least ten of the stages so far.

Last edited by Andiron; 07-17-2011 at 03:25 PM.
07-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono7 View Post
However, I do like to point out that using accelerometer to scroll the battle field is not as smooth as it look. I prefer to scroll manually. It is a great idea nevertheless.
You can scroll manually.