★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

9MM Universal Gameloft

07-13-2011, 10:32 PM
9MM Universal Gameloft

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=100444

The game is universal, and man.... this one rocks.
07-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Can't justify the expense right now, but this game is on my radar for sure.

Please post impressions if you get 9mm on an iPad 2!

07-13-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm downloading now
07-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Looks good, but all the 3rd person Gameloft action games for the iPhone/iPad have all been absolutely horrid. After finishing the crappy Shadow Guardian and Splinter Cell games by Gameloft, I'm kinda skeptical on this one.
07-14-2011, 12:54 AM
The controls are better once I turned off auto aim in advanced settings, and moved the controls around.

It looks really good on iPad 2. As good as, if not better than Shadow Guardian. There are better visual effects, like a really cool blur when running. The framerate is superior to shadow guardian, the story makes sense too. Overall highly recommended.

Side note:

Glad I got Rainbow six hd too. It's really quite fun. I like assigning the teammates (bots) to flash bang and clear rooms. Much different but equally fun style to Modern Combat 2. Good to see a tactical shooter.

I highly recommend both Gameloft games tonight.

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
07-14-2011, 03:17 AM
So its not a bad game like shadow gaurdian or gangstar vindication?
Im curious if the gameplay is as bad as those games which are maybe like 9mm which is developed by the same company?
07-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma32 View Post
Im curious if the gameplay is as bad as those games which are maybe like 9mm which is developed by the same company?
Gangstar wasn't bad!!! it was AWESOME!!!

If you didnt like Gangstar then don't get 9mm

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-14-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm playing this on an iPad 2, though I've only really completed the tutorial mission. I too disabled auto-aim as it'd ruin the experience for me... fantastic graphics, solid combat, max payne type slowdown appears to have been implemented well.

Had to bring the iPad to work today because of this game. Looking forward to a ridiculous story with lots of racial stereotyping

It's looking well worth the 5, and based on the play mechanics, I'm expecting multiplayer to be lots of fun.
07-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma32 View Post
It's your typical mediocre and boring Gameloft 3rd P shooter. It can also be completed in under a couple hours.

This game screams "wait for the 99 cent deal". Better to wait for inevitable pricedrop.
07-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Gameloft have been quite blatant with their cloning popular titles for iOS, but for me it's no bad thing. They're largely successfull, bringing a high production standard to the majority of their games.

I'm wondering if you've actually played the game or just basing your opinion on what you've heard / assumed about it? "mediocre and boring" is quite a lazy comment, you should elaborate if you want to help people make a purchase decision.

I'd definitely say the gameplay has a solid foundation which 'should' hopefully translate well to multiplayer. I'll post some impressions later.