Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 07-14-2011, 02:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Santillo
Default What Should I do More? PLEASE HELP!!

Hello everyone,

I am very much frustrated to see the present condition of my newly released game"Shoot The Monkey!". Before publishing it, I hope that It will become very popular to all for its awesome realistic graphics & excellent sound effects. I was happy when it ranks top 98 in action game category in USA app store. But day by day it creates very much frustration to me and its ranks become out of 1000.

I did little pre-launch marketing at facebook, twitter, myspace etc. After its releases, I post a thread in this forum, post to many review sites, do social network marketing etc.

But none of these are effective to improve my apps position. I don't think so that my game is so much bad to hold such kinds of position or download. I have made this game so much effort and hope it has capability to hold one of TOP position.

Is there anyone, to suggest or help me that What should I do more?

PLEASE!

Last edited by Santillo; 07-16-2011 at 01:48 AM..
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu

3 tips.

1. Don't use irritating colors in your thread. We can read black text just as well.

2. The beveled monkey and old guy in the last screenshot seem kinda weird. Removing the bevel might make it seem better.

3. Make it universal? Just need to rescale graphics (since it's iPad to iPhone). I'm pretty sure the iPhone store does better than the iPad store.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

It's too expensive I'm afraid... And what marketing did you do for it?

It took Angry Birds 3 months to get noticed, you have to persist with the marketing side of it, really believe in your game. The game looks good, so push it and i'm sure you'll do well
Old 07-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjingyu View Post
3 tips.

1. Don't use irritating colors in your thread. We can read black text just as well.

2. The beveled monkey and old guy in the last screenshot seem kinda weird. Removing the bevel might make it seem better.

3. Make it universal? Just need to rescale graphics (since it's iPad to iPhone). I'm pretty sure the iPhone store does better than the iPad store.
I agree with the black text and universal as well.. You're gonna shoot yourself in the foot just selling it on one device.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjingyu View Post
3 tips.

Thank You very much for your most valuable suggestion about my writings & my app also. Actually I want that my game will be ranked only in iPad market. Thats why I didnt make it universall. But Now I will consider myself about this important issue.

Thanks again!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attollos Technologies View Post
It's too expensive I'm afraid... And what marketing did you do for it?

It took Angry Birds 3 months to get noticed, you have to persist with the marketing side of it, really believe in your game. The game looks good, so push it and i'm sure you'll do well
Thanks for your sweet reply. Actually I dont think so that my app price is so high. But some were said about this. Now I am considering present price to make it quite cheap.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

The game looks nice. I would have downloaded a copy if there was an iPhone version. Good luck with it. Keep marketing.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:46 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyweird Zombies View Post
The game looks nice. I would have downloaded a copy if there was an iPhone version. Good luck with it. Keep marketing.
Thanks for your dear comments. Currently I dont have any plan to make this game for iPhone. But it will be processed as soon as possible. Then I hope it will make true my dreams.