★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Moo Cow Fury - A Game Written by a 12 Year Old

04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Moo Cow Fury - A Game Written by a 12 Year Old

He's already better than the whole DS Effects team.

http://appshopper.com/games/moo-cow-...olas-weintraut

I encourage you to read the whole story in the app description, and maybe learn a thing or two about family and cow shit.

Last edited by dudehuge; 04-21-2009 at 03:22 PM.
04-21-2009, 03:20 PM
A 12-year-old wrote a whole game based on cow poop? Nooooo.....

Damn, now I really want a mac.

Don't check this site or private messages often.

04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Amazing! I'm more than double his age and I can't do anything like that. If it was free I'd download it...

Wishlist: Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Swords & Soldiers, Tyrian
Playing: Kryzer Prologue, Flight Control, Knights Onrush
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
I don't get whats so impressive here?

Try being 7 or 8, back in the 80's trying to program a game, with no literature, internet, or like-minded people to talk about how and why with, and still manage to get something done.

Seriously, with todays age, anyone can become a programmer, graphic artist, game developer, etc.. with all of the resources available at an internet users fingertips, the fact that most AREN'T utilizing the vast ammount of knowledge available on the internet just proves how lazy and lythergic most people really are.

So impress me with your awesome game design, not your easy to learn programming and basic skills of MSPAINT. Because thats what the problem with todays games are, bad design. Games are becoming less interactive and game-like with the tradeoff being cinematics, 3d graphics and high production budgets.

PAC MAN
DONKEY KONG
DOOM
MARIO
ZELDA
MEGA MAN

These are games ladies and gentlemen, yes I included DOOM here, because of its sheer simplicity, but folks, people are STILL playing these games, all of them, every day, right now.

They are all simple games, with scores, lives, and basic gameplay.

They are proof of awesome game design.
04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I am going to buy it just to support the kid!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
i dont see what is so amazing about it
doesnt look like anything special

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Actually I think that is pretty awesome. I love the fact the the app store encourages this kind of thing. You might get a few stinkers (all the fart apps, Khalid, slide puzzles), but the simple fact that there is a way for people to start programming games and applications for such a low cost is incredible.

I can't do anything but encourage this kid because one day he could be the next Kojima or Miyamoto making the next big game on one of the next gen consoles. To rip the kid apart because the graphics aren't great or it has cow poop is ridiculous.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I would've killed to have something like this when I was growing up.
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I know an 11 year old iPhone developer. He is a good friend of mine
04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
I don't get whats so impressive here?
He made a game as a kid, you didn't.
04-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMBOT View Post
I would've killed to have something like this when I was growing up.
My friends and I made a text adventure on a programmable calculator when we were 15. It was about a hedgehog that went on an adventure. And it also had some stuff that was more typical of teenage boys. It was definitely crap though.

Wishlist: Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Swords & Soldiers, Tyrian
Playing: Kryzer Prologue, Flight Control, Knights Onrush