★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sprakelsoft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 18.1 MB
  • Version: 1.21
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Jewel Fever" is an addictive match-3-puzzle-game.

It features:
- Three game modes: Normal, Quick and Infinite
- HD graphics (incl. particle-systems) with retina- and full iPad-support
- steady framerates with 60 FPS on most devices
- Full "Game Center"-support

Instructions:
Normal mode -
you advance to the next level when you match the required number of jewels as itīs shown in the upper part of the screen.

Quick mode -
Try to match as many jewels as you can in 60 seconds!

Infinite mode -
You have unlimited time so you wonīt be surprised by any "game over"-messages

You can move the jewels by tapping at the source and then at the target-position or just swiping!

If you ever get angry just play "Jewel Fever" to relax!

If you like this game youīll love our physics game Birds īnī Blocks!

Sprakelsoft's comments:
We wanted to show you our newest game, which is an addictive match-3-puzzle-game.

It features:
iJewels features:
✔ Three game modes: Normal, Quick and Infinite
✔ HD graphics (incl. particle-systems) with retina- and full iPad-support
✔ steady framerates with 60 FPS on most devices
✔ Full "Game Center"-support

Instructions:
Normal mode -
you advance to the next level when you match the required number of jewels as itīs shown in the upper part of the screen.

Quick mode -
Try to match as many jewels as you can in 60 seconds!

Infinite mode -
You have unlimited time so you wonīt be surprised by any "game over"-messages

You can move the jewels by tapping at the source and then at the target-position or just swiping!

07-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi, I like jewel fever even more than your Birds'n'Blocks game. But I think the animation when jewels are falling is taking too long. Especially in the quick-mode I donīt have time for that! And you should help people with some kind of a hint where a possible move is waiting.

P.S.: I donīt really know how those guys are making more than 3000 points in quick-mode?? I hardly get 2000.

07-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Jewel Fever is now a Top-10-app in Germany!! Thanks for all the downloads and reviews.

We released a new update with the following changes (which addresses the problem with hints):
- When you donīt know which jewel to move there is a reflection that lights up on the jewel. On a iPhone 4 it wasnīt at the right position. Now it is.

- Minor bugfixes!
07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

hmm...

i'm a pretty kitty cat
07-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Similar to Bejeweled? More like it is Bejeweled. Good job ripping the graphics straight out of Bejeweled. Your probably gonna want to change the way the jewels look before PopCap finds out.
07-23-2011, 08:27 AM
I didnīt rip the graphics out of bejeweled. As i am stating in the credits the graphics are from the game Gweled (http://www.gweled.org/) which is released under the GPLv2+. So it should be alright. There are a lot of games in the app store that are using the exact same graphics (i.e. "Jewels Mania" or "Vexed Jewels") and there wasnīt a problem yet.

Last edited by Sprakelsoft; 07-23-2011 at 08:56 AM.
07-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprakelsoft View Post
I didnīt rip the graphics out of bejeweled. As i am stating in the credits the graphics are from the game Gweled (http://www.gweled.org/) which is released under the GPLv2+. So it should be alright. There are a lot of games in the app store that are using the exact same graphics (i.e. "Jewels Mania" or "Vexed Jewels") and there wasnīt a problem yet.
I guess the question is whether or not Gweled is using those graphics without permission, then. Which seems pretty likely to me...

i'm a pretty kitty cat
07-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Alright. Iīll ask them. Thanks for telling me. I wasnīt aware that the graphics are looking similar. I just saw the 2nd part on the iPhone, which looks different. Although the Gweled graphics are scalable SVG-graphics so they werenīt directly taken from B. They somehow repainted them. But Iīll check that.
Thanks!

Last edited by Sprakelsoft; 07-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.
08-13-2011, 04:34 AM
I got no reply from the current developer of gweled about the jewels so I designed new ones. Therefore I should be safe. Thanks again for the hint!