★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 [$4.99 > $2.99]

07-14-2011, 02:09 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 338
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 [$4.99 > $2.99]


07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,855
Definitely recommended for anyone who doesn't have it yet!!!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,871
I've been eyeing this one for awhile based on reviews, but is it too geared toward kids? I'm not really sure I get how the gameplay works. Is it more exploration or are there enemies to kill? Bosses?
07-14-2011, 03:41 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
I've been eyeing this one for awhile based on reviews, but is it too geared toward kids? I'm not really sure I get how the gameplay works. Is it more exploration or are there enemies to kill? Bosses?
There's tons of content, and it honestly has all three things that you listed. It's one of the top five adventure games on the iOS. It doesn't matter if you're a fan of the series, it's just a great game. It might look like it's geared towards the younger crowd, but it's definitely fun for anyone.

Twitter: @back2this
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,502
Been playing for a few days now. Can you save while in a level? Also, is it designed so that many coins, hats, and other stuff are supposed to be inaccessible until you come back later (never even seen a red brick yet)?

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
#6
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
There's tons of content, and it honestly has all three things that you listed. It's one of the top five adventure games on the iOS. It doesn't matter if you're a fan of the series, it's just a great game. It might look like it's geared towards the younger crowd, but it's definitely fun for anyone.
Definiely agreed. Iirc, I put this on my list of top 20 favorite idevices games of all time.
07-14-2011, 03:55 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Been playing for a few days now. Can you save while in a level? Also, is it designed so that many coins, hats, and other stuff are supposed to be inaccessible until you come back later (never even seen a red brick yet)?
Yep, I don't think you can even find half of the stuff in story mode. There's a few red bricks around the later levels though that will help you a ton. You can't save in the middle of the level, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Twitter: @back2this
07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Yep, I don't think you can even find half of the stuff in story mode. There's a few red bricks around the later levels though that will help you a ton. You can't save in the middle of the level, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
No its not, this is more of a sit down and play for a while game.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
07-14-2011, 07:37 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 223
I remember reading a review for this game that is was hard to control on the iphone, is that true?
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eater View Post
I remember reading a review for this game that is was hard to control on the iphone, is that true?
Nope. In any case, controls have long been addressed with a new option. There's now an option for an analog.

Twitter: @back2this