Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch

Wonder why there hasn't been a thread opened up yet on Lunar coming to iOS? Here's the only info I've seen so far on TA:

http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/07/so...-star-for-ios/

http://toucharcade.com/2011/07/05/fi...r-story-touch/

If there's another thread already opened on this, please provide link - my searches have come up with nothing.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I was wondering the same thing. Regardless, I'm extremely stoked for this to come out. I asked in the comments of the second TA post if the game was going to have an iPad or Universal version, and got a response that the game is going to be Universal from its release. Lunar on iPad? Sounds good to me!

I'm still curious as to what version they are doing (both Saturn and SEGA CD would be fantastic) and how all that might go about working, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Hopefully it sells well enough to eventually get us Eternal Blue as well!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'd be impressed if it's the Saturn version. I've read some developer blogs full of nightmare stories talking about how crazy and weird the Saturn engine handled games.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Hey there,

I'm working on LUNAR so please feel free to ask any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
I'd be impressed if it's the Saturn version. I've read some developer blogs full of nightmare stories talking about how crazy and weird the Saturn engine handled games.
It is indeed based on the Saturn release! In fact, if you were to open up the iPhone game and compare some of the files to an original Saturn CD, you'd find that a lot of them are identical. That said, we did backport a few of the enhancements made to the Playstation release, and the audio and video are in higher quality.

(And the Saturn does, indeed, do a lot of weird things. Maybe that should be a topic for a blog entry when the website opens!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake Man View Post
Hopefully it sells well enough to eventually get us Eternal Blue as well!
I'd love to work on an Eternal Blue port (or even a new title). If you like our port, please write to SoMoGa and Game Arts and tell them the team did a great job, and you'd like to see EB too! Repeatedly.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there a ballpark release timeframe?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

I WILL be buying this!

Can't wait for the release. I played and loved Lunar in the past, but never got to finish it. This will be my chance!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi Nall! I'd love to ask for a little clarification on this statement from one of the TouchArcade articles in relation to what you posted above...

"SoMoGa played it a bit coy in an email to us, explaining that the version these screenshots are taken from is based on the Saturn remake, but that the Sega CD version is getting ported as well."

...so from what you mentioned above, is the version we're getting a hybrid Saturn/SEGA CD version mainly based on the Saturn version with some aspects of the SEGA CD version, or will there be more than one app released (like one for the Saturn version and one for SEGA CD version)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
I'd love to work on an Eternal Blue port (or even a new title). If you like our port, please write to SoMoGa and Game Arts and tell them the team did a great job, and you'd like to see EB too! Repeatedly.
I will definitely send both off an email once it's released, I would absolutely love to see both on the app store. As undeadcow mentioned above, I'm also interested to hear about a possible release timeframe for Silver Star Touch as well!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Is there a ballpark release timeframe?
I'd guess late August or early September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake Man View Post
...so from what you mentioned above, is the version we're getting a hybrid Saturn/SEGA CD version mainly based on the Saturn version with some aspects of the SEGA CD version, or will there be more than one app released (like one for the Saturn version and one for SEGA CD version)?
It's not a hybrid or anything like that. There may be extras and updated UI, but otherwise these are ports and not remakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
I WILL be buying this!

Can't wait for the release. I played and loved Lunar in the past, but never got to finish it. This will be my chance!
I hope you enjoy it!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Alright, I've got a couple more questions if you wouldn't mind! I'm not sure if you can answer any of these at all, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask!

-I'd be interested to hear about the team working on the game (member size, previous fans of Lunar or not, how long this has been worked on, other possibly interesting tidbits, etc.)
-Will we be seeing a "new" localization, or will the Working Designs translations be used?
-How did SoMoGa even start obtaining old Working Designs games to revamp and release on the App Store? I was shocked to see Vay get released a while back, and absolutely dumbfounded when Lunar got announced. Possibly a connection with Vic Ireland...?
-Are there any other Game Arts franchises/games SoMoGa or even you personally would be interested in bringing to the App Store (ex: Eternal Blue, Grandia, Thexder, Silpheed, etc.)? Personally, outside of Eternal Blue I'd DIE to see Magic School Lunar/Lunar: Walking School finally translated and released overseas, and their Grandia series is a big personal favorite of mine. Seeing the first Grandia as well as maybe even Parallel Trippers (made for the GBC, never released outside Japan) on a touch screen would be a dream come true!

While I'm still interested in what's exactly going on version wise for Silver Star Touch, I'm guessing all will be revealed in due time. I'm hoping we'll see both the SEGA CD and Saturn versions in some form, as I've played SSSC a thousand times but have never had the opportunity to go through the original "The Silver Star" experience. Either way (or both ways), I'm more than stoked to even just see Lunar on the app store. Thanks again to you Nall as well as the rest of the team working on this, I'll be looking forward to supporting this as well as all your guys' future endeavors.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 AM

I think I completely missed the 2nd article. Thanks for bringing it up again. I'm kind of a sucker for old RPG ports on the iOS.

Closed Thread