★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Puerto Rico by Ravensburger Digital for the iPad (Official Thread)

07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Puerto Rico by Ravensburger Digital for the iPad (Official Thread)

Yes... the rumors are true! One of the top board games of all time will be released soon from Ravensburger Digital - Puerto Rico!

We have been working hard to make sure everything is perfect and every little detail holds true to the original board game. There are high expectations, and we want to provide the best game possible to our fans.

First - a look:

Second: We are looking for 15 pre-launch beta testers. You must have a working knowledge of the board game, and of course an iPad. Preference will be given to Touch Arcade users with more seniority / number of posts. If you would like to participate, send an email to ravensburger@appency.com with why you should be one of our beta testers!

More information coming soon!
07-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Nearly there? This is excellent news, been tracking this one on BGG for some time.

07-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
I was fortunate to get in on the beta, although due to surgery I have not been able to test the newest build. However, I can state without reservation that the exexcution is flawless, the in game hint system is wonderful and I am very much looking forward to having fun with PR for a long time to coe!

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
07-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Game looks great, I'll be picking it up day one. Just curious what happened with codito?
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Finally!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
This is on my MUST BUY list!
07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Game looks great, I'll be picking it up day one. Just curious what happened with codito?
Codito is still around, and we are quite happy with the excellent work they have produced!
07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm absolutely thrilled that this is being developed. It looks great and is sure to provide countless hours of entertainment!

Just out of curiosity, is there an estimate for the release date? Codito seemed to suggest at BGG that release would likely be around the middle of this month. However, being that you're just now looking for testers, I'd presume it's more like 1-2 months away. Is that a fair assessment?
07-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Excellent news!

Do you have any information on the multiplayer?
Will we have local and/or online?

I'm a big fan of board games and played a few rounds of Puerto Rico. It is an incredible game of a more subtle and elegant conflict between players... Can't wait to try it with my friends (or random people )

I heard that Shalazar the wizard...
07-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstlouis View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there an estimate for the release date? Codito seemed to suggest at BGG that release would likely be around the middle of this month. However, being that you're just now looking for testers, I'd presume it's more like 1-2 months away. Is that a fair assessment?
We are hoping to release the game around the beginning of August. This is a second round beta, there has already been an extensive round of QA done on the game, though we always like to get feedback from experienced gamers as much as possible before a release of this size.