★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4/5 stars TouchReviews.net
"This is a fun alternative [to other match 3 games] that will soak up time and provide a unique challenge in its own right."

Dizzy Lizards is a colorful new take on the classic match-three game. Mix colors to match three or more lizards to clear them from the board. Use Wild Card white lizards to pick the color that will help you the most! Dizzy Lizards is a universal app that plays on both your iPhone and iPad.

Trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3H-ni0bXA

Dizzy Lizards has: Three game modes!
Marathon
Time Attack
Kid Play

Dizzy Lizards also features:
Online leaderboards
37 Game Center achievements
Selectable background colors
Extensive post-game stats
Colorblind accessible mode

dogbitesoftware's comments:
Hey guys, just wanted to get the word out about our new game, Dizzy Lizards. Which is FREE.

★★★★☆ TouchReviews.net
"If you like Bejeweled but want to mix it up a bit, or if you’ve never tried Bejeweled and simply like puzzle-type games, this is a fun alternative that will soak up time and provide a unique challenge in its own right."

Dizzy Lizards is a colorful new take on the classic match-three game. Mix colors to match three or more lizards to clear them from the board. Use Wild Card white lizards to pick the color that will help you the most! Dizzy Lizards is a universal app that plays on both your iPhone and iPad.

Trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3H-ni0bXA

App Store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dizzy-lizards/id433054784

Dizzy Lizards has: Three game modes!
• Marathon
• Time Attack
• Kid Play

Dizzy Lizards also features:
• Online leaderboards
• 37 Game Center achievements
• Selectable background colors
• Extensive post-game stats
• Colorblind accessible mode

Customer Reviews
love this game!!
by bosquare
must download!!!

Rockin'!
by Chauncey Cat
Nice & solid! Sweet game!

I'm Dizzy w/ Enjoyment!
by Browitzer
I seriously play this for at least an hour every day. Having to mix the colors always makes this more challenging than most 'connect' games (or whatever you would call them), and that's why it's fun. What looks simple on the screen really makes you plan your strategy for clearing out lizards. And the customizable screen designs are a sweet bonus. Great game.

Take a look!
Thanks,

Jeremy @ Dogbite Software
www.dogbitesoftware.com
07-14-2011, 05:21 PM
this is a real great game, cute and colorful. However , it has a IAP.
Why not make one paid and one free??

07-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I mean Why not to make one paid and one free??
07-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
this is a real great game, cute and colorful. However , it has a IAP.
Why not make one paid and one free??
Thanks Leslie! We very much appreciate the feedback. Mostly we went with an IAP this time around to try it out as well as to utilize a single Game Center leaderboard. That way you could still compete with your friends by playing the free version if you couldn't (or didn't want to) pay for the IAP. Curiously, what's driving your aversion to the IAP? We weren't aware that there was a general dislike of IAPs.

Thanks again!

Last edited by dogbitesoftware; 07-14-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbitesoftware View Post
Thanks Leslie! We very much appreciate the feedback. Mostly we went with an IAP this time around to try it out as well as to utilize a single Game Center leaderboard. That way you could still compete with your friends by playing the free version if you couldn't (or didn't want to) pay for the IAP. Curiously, what's driving your aversion to the IAP? We weren't aware that there was a general dislike of IAPs.

Thanks again!
I think IAPs have gotten a bad name. I think they can be a nice way to keep everything in one package but as I see it there are at least two possible dangers to devs using IAPs:

1) Consumable IAPs: The idea of having to constantly RE-BUY power-ups for each run of a game is just sick and even if just using the consumable IAP as currency, it means if I have to restore my device or, even worse, want to transfer my stuff over to a new device, all of my consumable IAP purchases will be lost!

2) IAP Everything: Some games have decided nearly each and every aspect of their game should be a separate IAP, here is one of the most comical examples, I'll be damned if I can recall the name, some rip-off of Plants. vs. Zombies where every single character and item possible in the game was a separate IAP!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks LordGek - for the record we agree with you on both counts. Our IAP is a non-consumable and will be the only IAP for this game. We appreciate your input!
08-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Not a lot of action on this thread, but just wanted to post that this is a very good game that puts a color-mixing twist on the match-3 genre. I've been playing it a lot and really enjoying it.
08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Guise!
We agree on all counts. Glad you're enjoying it. Tell your friends!