★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bluecap Studio
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.0 MB
  • Version: 1.40
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Trapdoor Hunter is a Diablo-like hack and slash Dungeon/Rogue game with trapdoors, puzzles and tons of monsters to kill.

Features:

1. Map Exploration:
In Trapdoor Hunter, you get to explore a mixture of handcrafted and randomly generated maps which consists of Forest, DarkForest, Caves, Dungeons, Catacomb..etc

2. Puzzle Solving:
You will need your logical skills to unlock the mysteries hidden in the puzzles. And reward will be given to you once the puzzles are solved.

3. Mysteries:
There are several trapdoors hidden in the game which can only be discovered if you pay enough attention to detail.

4. Real-time Mass Killing
What could be more fun than mass annihilation of swarm of monsters, with blood and corpses carpeting the floor all over the places. In Trapdoor Hunter, you can do that with mass killing skills of your choice (Eg: Whirlwind , Firerain, Poison Blasts, etc etc which do Area of Effect(AOE) damage).
Take a spin with Barbarian Whirlwind Chop using your favorite weapon across a massive swarm of Mobs, and enjoy your killing frenzy, or Burn them with rain of fireballs.

5. Drag and Drop Inventory

6. Bullet Dodging
If you enjoy playing arcade shooting because of your bullet dodging skill, Trapdoor hunter will test your bullet dodging skill even further.

7. Player Crafting
You not only get to upgrade your player's basic attributes ( STR,DEX,VIT,ENG), but also the player's skill set with more than 18 distinct skills to explore and upgrade.

8. Random Items and Equipments
There are 8 different classes of armors and weapons, with different quality sets for players to explore.

Please visit http://tensaistudio.blogspot.com for more info

tensaix2j's comments:
Trapdoor Hunter is a Diablo-like hack and slash Dungeon/Rogue game with trapdoors, puzzles and tons of monsters to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3mHTc_6mxg

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trapdoor-hunter/id434579680?ls=1&mt=8

Features:

Map Exploration:
In Trapdoor Hunter, you get to explore a mixture of handcrafted and randomly generated maps which consists of Forest, DarkForest, Caves, Dungeons, Catacomb..etc

Puzzle Solving:
You will need your logical skills to unlock the mysteries hidden in the puzzles. And reward will be given to you once the puzzles are solved.

Mysteries:
There are several trapdoors hidden in the game which can only be discovered if you pay enough attention to detail.

Real-time Mass Killing
What could be more fun than mass annihilation of swarm of monsters, with blood and corpses carpeting the floor all over the places. In Trapdoor Hunter, you can do that with mass killing skills of your choice (Eg: Whirlwind , Firerain, Poison Blasts, etc etc which do Area of Effect(AOE) damage).
Take a spin with Barbarian Whirlwind Chop using your favorite weapon across a massive swarm of Mobs, and enjoy your killing frenzy, or Burn them with rain of fireballs.

Bullet Dodging
If you enjoy playing arcade shooting because of your bullet dodging skill, Trapdoor hunter will test your bullet dodging skill even further.

Player Crafting
You not only get to upgrade your player's basic attributes ( STR,DEX,VIT,ENG), but also the player's skill set with more than 24 distinct skills to explore and upgrade.

Random Items and Equipments
There are 8 different classes of armors and weapons, with different quality sets for players to explore.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trapdoor-hunter/id434579680?ls=1&mt=8

Developer Blog:
http://tensaistudio.blogspot.com/
07-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Seems feature-complete at least but need a gameplay video.

07-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I bought it for the hell of it, but I am clueless

I can't attack, since I have no weapon, I have no coins.
I'm not finding anything either. ran into 3 puzzles, and no puzzle pieces.

I am wondering around that's all....

inside the buildings it's just a guy walking around where you can buy stuff
the building itself is just plain.

it's a ok game, looks outdated, but since I have noooo clue how to get stuff, or how to get money, since there is nothing..

maybe if the developer is around, he could give a hint or 2
07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
ok, watched the trailer on the devs blog, and noticed a club.
so finally got to beat some monsters.

i must say, it tooooo easy. got over 100K in 15 minutes.
it's boring

The puzzles.... I have no fricking clue.. got tons of ruins. tried them all
nothing works.
Not seeing the logic in those puzzles..

Major downside.. I saved the game where I left of, and restarted the game.
Got all my stats etc, but I am starting back in the beginning..

sure it's a hack and slash, but it gets boring..
Only way out was into a cave, where I was dead within 2 seconds.

Gave up on it for now.. can't pass that part.
07-17-2011, 03:06 AM
I commend you, pka! Not only did you take a leap of faith by buying this game but you stuck it through and looked around for more information on how to actually play it. I'm sure if a lot of us were in your position we would've just given up ten minutes into our clueless wandering. Do you beta test? I would love it if you picked my upcoming game apart and worked your magic on it
07-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks a lot, Have you tried using the spells?
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I do test games, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to take your game apart

Regarding the Spells.... I tried using them, but I am confused on how to use it.

I can highlight then, and then attack with them ?????
BUG: I wanted to switch back to my Weapons, and lost ALL MY GEAR
It's nowhere to be found. So I need to go all the way back and buy them
at the store again.

Think I am level 7 now, but still no clue how to use the ruins?
Could you tell me what the logic is? cause I don't see it.
Spent 3 hours on those ruins and gave up on it.

Last edited by pka4916; 07-17-2011 at 04:11 PM.
07-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I see that there is an update coming.
Hope it will be available soon

Thanks for the fixes, from the items I mentiod.

What is the logic in those ruines? I see that you fixed the North Room.
otherwise PM me, with some hints for that.

Thanks Tensai Studio

made some fixes on several issues in v1.0:

- Unable to load saved game occasionally.
- Unable to access Trapdoor at North Room.
+ Initial weapon(a wooden club) given free in the inventory.
+ Initial cash 200.
+ Link to blog.

Last edited by pka4916; 07-17-2011 at 09:26 PM.
07-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok, the spells are casted by Double Tapping on the area ( usually with enemy) , provided it is selected. For example Fire ball, Cold Ball, Poison Blast, Frost Nova, Inferno, Fire rain, Fungal Growth, etc ... which are Area of Effect spells.

For non projectile spells, they are also casted by double tapping, eg: Hyperactive, Natural Resistance, Mana Shield, where these spells only last for certain amount of time.

For targeted spell, you need to double tap it on the enemy. eg: Sleep

For targeted location spell, you need to double tap on the location. eg: Teleport.

Note that there is this special skill, Whirlwind, where you ll need to have a weapon on hand to cast it, and with single cast of Whirlwind, you can spin forever as long as you can keep the character in motion, which requires certain mastery of control. And Whirlwind is the most powerful melee skill ,(also most fun to use) that attacks multiple targets.

When the main character is killed, all the equipments currently equipped will be dropped to floor.

For the puzzles, currently there are 3 types of them:

1. 8x8 sudoku,
The rule of sudoku is simple, no row,column and sub board shd have repeating number/pattern. The pieces need to be gathered from the wild, and you fill it into the board.

2. Grackon's Puzzle
You need to observe the pattern.. 1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2...

3. Verbal Arithmetic(i.e. SendMoreMoney Puzzle)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbal_arithmetic

When you have filled up the empty boxes with runes(puzzle pieces) ,you can tap on the trigger lever to see if the solution is correct.

There are total of 6 puzzle boxes, 2 of them are hidden in the cave. Unique items will rewarded when the puzzles are solved.

If you manage to kill the any boss of each level, you ll be rewarded with a key, which can be used to unlock the waypoint , which enables you to teleport to the explored area right away..

There are only 3 mega bosses currently. One in the DarkForest entrance,another one in Dungeon entrance and last one in the Last Level of Dungeon.

Also note that Caves are actually hidden side levels, which are not on the main path, the main path should be on the East of where you started where you should see a lot of wolves and snakes.

PS:
Thanks a lot Pka. Should have given you the promo code.

Last edited by tensaix2j; 07-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.
07-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Also i need to point out that due to a bug in 1.0 ( which is fixed in 1.1) whenever you save and exit,

if you are not carrying a weapon, but wielding an armor,helmet,gauntlet,shield or greave, you probably will encounter "unable to load" from saved game the next time. So, please wait until 1.1 is approved or do not leave the game with armors wielded but no weapon on hand.