★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ah, the middle ages, harking back to yore. A time of honour, chivalry and brutal, gladiatorial combat!

Enter the jousting arena and sample the joys of thrusting a variety of finely crafted, period* armaments into the face of thine enemies, safe in the knowledge that its merely a whimsical videogame.

Little negative side effects (beyond the infrequent urge to cry have at thee at random strangers before galloping toward them in the manner of Arthur, King of the Britons) will befall thee.

Put thy friends to the sword as well!

Designed to be enjoyed together, challenge thy friends to a Bluetooth mle. Laugh at the amusing dialogue together, marvel at the spectacle of ye olde tournament together, all while attempting to bludgeon each other in the face

(For legal reasons were obliged to emphasise that any bludgeoning should be performed in game, Billy Goat Entertainment Ltd does not endorse violence preformed outside the digital interactive medium)

Winners dont use drugs

--------------------

FOR MORE INFO ON UPCOMING GAMES CHECK OUT:
www.billygoat.tv

SillyBilly's comments:
Hi folks, forgive me, I'm new the the forums and I apologise profusely that my first post is to plug a game I worked on. But hell, here it goes...

So here it is, our new, whimsical, medieval themed jousting game for iOS called Knighty Knight.

It's a universal app for iPhone/ iPad, check it out in the App Store here or have a gander at our promotional trailer below.

(If the embedded video isn't working, here is a direct link)

We'd love to hear the thoughts of the vast, highly intelectual and attractive Touch Arcade community. Ta!
07-15-2011, 06:58 AM
First there were no jousting games now two in two days this looks pretty good too

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

07-15-2011, 06:58 AM
The day after shake spears!!!!

Questions .... does it have campaign, tournaments, anything apart from just jousting?

-----
On GC I am FPEX

Last edited by FPE; 07-15-2011 at 07:03 AM.
07-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Mods might want to do a merge; good to see a developer get active on the forum. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97689
07-15-2011, 07:19 AM
I couldn't find any details of the controls in the description,
So how are they? How do you actually controls the jousting
I'm enjoying shake spears so just thinking about picking up this to depending on how you play.
07-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I couldn't find any details of the controls in the description,
So how are they? How do you actually controls the jousting
I'm enjoying shake spears so just thinking about picking up this to depending on how you play.
Apparently from what I can make out the controls are based around the Rock,Paper,Scissors game format also apparently this game was out before Shake Spears don't know how I missed it

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
07-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Apparently from what I can make out the controls are based around the Rock,Paper,Scissors game format
Then I am not interested

-----
On GC I am FPEX
07-15-2011, 07:27 AM
This post is no longer relative

Last edited by New England Gamer; 07-15-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Link was merged
07-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Guys asking about the controls. I managed to win a code thanks to SlideToPlay last night.

The game is basically based on luck. You press an attack method and the AI does the rest for you.

Im sorry but im glad i got this game for free.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Ha, didn't notice that thread New England Gamer, obviously our reputation precedes us...

As far as the gameplay goes, while yes choosing to attack an opponent (and defend your own character) is something similar to rock, paper sissers, the strategy of the game is in choosing what weapon to use. We have something called a "Gallantry Meter," indicated by a collection of soccer balls, the more balls your character has the more damage their attacks inflict. Some weapons may do less damage but fill your gallantry meter, while other weapons may do loads of damage but require two hands to wield meaning your character cannot defend themselves. etc etc

That, and we tried to put a lot of effort into the characters, their voices and animation. We got a bloke that actually acted in Game of Thrones to do the voices for most of the characters.