★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What is the best action RPG/hack 'n slash game

04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
What is the best action RPG/hack 'n slash game

I am finished and bored with hero of sparta, which is probaby the only good hack 'n slash game for the idevice, right?

Since looking a Zenoina (spelling), I see that RPG game's have attacking in them. Who knew? I always thought RPG games were boring. Does Zenoina have the best attack system or do other games even compare?

Which RPG game has the best attacking? Which RPG game focus' more on attacking than quests and looking for things? I also like upgrading things which is a bonus because most RPG games have lots of upgrading in them.
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
You want hack 'n slash?

Underworlds is out

04-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConraDargo View Post
You want hack 'n slash?

Underworlds is out
Yeah, get underworlds!

Ipod touch 8gb
Over $200.00 in games
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Or if you want a free one, wait a few days for CastleGuard2. It was an update for the original castleguard but because of human error (on Apple's side) it was released as a new game. There is a preview of the game that you can play on the dev's site and it's really fun.

Otherwise get Underworlds too.

04-21-2009, 05:45 PM
You could wait for 'Vampire Origins' to come out. By the looks of the screenshots, it contains plenty of hacking and plenty of slashing. Very nice graphics too, possibly as good as 2XL supercross in terms of graphics.
04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Rogue Touch is worth a look... Just check out how popular the game is here! I was unconvinced at first but bought it while it was on sale because everyone talks about how great it - since then I have played it more than any other game.

The graphics are very simple and the game basically consists of fighting enemies and collecting/upgrading your gear. It gets very hard as you progress, but each time you play the items you come across (and layout, monsters etc) are randomised. There are some special characters you can use if you want an easier game too.

Anyways, check out the thread and the reviews in the app store. It might not be exactly what you're looking for but it sounds like the kind of thing you'll probably enjoy.

Wishlist: Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Swords & Soldiers, Tyrian
Playing: Kryzer Prologue, Flight Control, Knights Onrush
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus View Post
Rogue Touch is worth a look... Just check out how popular the game is here! I was unconvinced at first but bought it while it was on sale because everyone talks about how great it - since then I have played it more than any other game.
While that's not hack n' slash, I agree. The game is rife with content and has enough to keep you busy for a long time. I'd buy it for a $1.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
04-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Underworlds

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-21-2009, 05:57 PM
underworlds

Beta Testing:
Waiting for: A true iphone MMO
Currently Playing: I have Iphone game app ADD its hard for me to stay hooked on 1
04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppajoe View Post
I am finished and bored with hero of sparta, which is probaby the only good hack 'n slash game for the idevice, right?

Since looking a Zenoina (spelling), I see that RPG game's have attacking in them. Who knew? I always thought RPG games were boring. Does Zenoina have the best attack system or do other games even compare?

Which RPG game has the best attacking? Which RPG game focus' more on attacking than quests and looking for things? I also like upgrading things which is a bonus because most RPG games have lots of upgrading in them.
I have not looked at underworlds much but I think of fits why you are looking for. Also Zenonia will definitely be one to get (I just got the beta today)

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.