★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tap Maze is a simple-yet-challenging game that tests players' reasoning and reaction times. Ideal for both short bursts of fun as well as longer play sessions, Tap Maze is incredibly addictive and surprisingly difficult.

The small white ball will move to your tap. Guide the ball to the goal of each level while avoiding the (often-moving) obstacles to complete each level.

People of all ages, nationalities, and experience have already lost themselves in Tap Maze. Join them for free.

CrazyCrazyCrazy's comments:
UPDATED FIRST POST AFTER THREAD MERGED

Hey All,

I'm extremely excited to announce a huge update to my latest and greatest game, Tap Maze. The update includes Global Leaderboards, which is awesome because until now I've been the only one with access to completion statistics.

According to the (very basic) completion stats currently in the game, there have been over 50,000 attempts at completing the 18 levels of the game, and only two people have made it as far as level 16.

Think you can do better than them? The addition of Global Leaderboards was suggested by one of you guys a couple weeks ago. I am now hard at work on a future update which will contain more ways of tracking progress (time attack mode, etc)

Let me know what you think... Tap Maze starts out very easy and gets extremely hard as the game goes on. I'm currently waiting for approval from Apple for a contest I'm putting together where I'll be giving a cash prize to the first person to complete the game. Stay tuned.

Thanks a lot, Everyone!
Clay

Game Description:

Tap Maze is a simple-yet-challenging game that tests players' reasoning and reaction times. Ideal for both short bursts of fun as well as longer play sessions, Tap Maze is incredibly addictive and surprisingly difficult.

The small white ball will move to your tap. Guide the ball to the goal of each level while avoiding the (often-moving) obstacles to complete each level.

People of all ages, nationalities, and experience have already lost themselves in Tap Maze. Join them for free.

Stats Screenshot: http://imgur.com/vB7d2.png

07-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Sure, I'll bite. Downloading.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
How many levels do you currently have?

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
There are currently 18 levels that increase in difficulty as you go. More levels, modes, and features are coming very soon.

Last edited by CrazyCrazyCrazy; 07-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.
07-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Well, of course I'm gonna say, put times to beat on the levels and game center but I'm not sure you wanna go there. Unfortunately that's where the money is. ie Angry Birds And have the levels replayable. It's gonna give your game more replayability and keep it on people's devices longer. As it is it's very well done and slick, but I don't see myself playing it day after day after day.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
07-15-2011, 01:29 PM
That's a great idea, Cygnet! I will implement game center and include it in the first update!
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Another idea is to make the levels randomly generated like Forget Me Not. That would add more of a surprise element everytime you play. Definitely take the first two levels out of the replay and make them a tutorial. Playing those over and over gets old.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Another idea is to make the levels randomly generated like Forget Me Not. That would add more of a surprise element everytime you play. Definitely take the first two levels out of the replay and make them a tutorial. Playing those over and over gets old.
I can see randomly generated levels being quite a bit more difficult. Even just randomly ordering them, with a rough Easy -> Hard progression, to keep players on their toes.

Like Cygnet mentioned, a lot of what people are looking for is:
- content - lots is always good
- graphics - as interesting as you can make it. Even just a changing gradient background adds a lot of visual impact
- sound - music is ok already, and the click sounds. Maybe some sounds for when you lose?
- replayable - could be a goal like completion, stars, best time, achievements, etc
- social - integration with Game Center and/or OpenFeint goes a long way to promote your game, and keep people playing it.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the great ideas, guys! I'll be integrating your suggestions as soon as possible in my future upgrades! I've already got some ideas cooking regarding changing of the colors / graphics in game throughout the course of play.

What do you guys think of the gameplay? Having a good time?
07-15-2011, 05:21 PM
I agree with Cyg, having to replay the first 2 levels every time does get old, and fast. While the game have that frustrating factor to it, it lacks a goal of some sort. Don't get me wrong it's fun, I just don't see me playing longer than 10 minutes in all honesty. If there were times, or levels done under so many moves type of thing, it could hold my interest longer. Great start, and I look forward to updates to see how it grows.