Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-17-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillbiker View Post
Thank you guys, really thank you. Now I will fix the radar in FreeFlight, I had to remove it in iPad version because of performance bug, but I'll repair it very soon.

Staticstics / career will be a huge piece of work, but I agree that it's important. I would like to implement GameCenter rankings and medals for this area.
And still fighting with HUD compass :-/ with no success...

Thank you once again for your first impressions and would like to ask you for reviews/ratings.
Yup, that bugs me in the iPhone version too. I am flying towards a blue dot far far away and get that "Outside Airspace" message, and "Game Over" soon follows...
Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 AM

Works Good, better to fly then other Chopper Simulations in the App Store,

but some issues,

Yea the to high fly bug sometimes annoying(or not bug?)
then maybe lets zoom out the gunner view sometimes is quite hard to find something.

it is worth his money but some improvements would make it worther !

Regards
Old 07-18-2011, 01:25 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movementcat View Post
Works Good, better to fly then other Chopper Simulations in the App Store,

but some issues,

Yea the to high fly bug sometimes annoying(or not bug?)
then maybe lets zoom out the gunner view sometimes is quite hard to find something.

it is worth his money but some improvements would make it worther !

Regards
Zoom in the gunner view is a good idea, I will look on it.
About the altitude, it is not a bug, but some missions (especialy first 4) has low allowed altitude level to teach you fly in lower altitude.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM
iPad Air

Ive only been doin free flights and some of the first few missions. And well, i keep coming back to be able to look around while in cockpit view to do precion landings etc. Does it need to be a 3D rendered cockpit tho? How about a 2d thingy to start out with (lol).

Second, i really wanna be able to change the position of the trottle and tail rottor to my liking (on the ipad). Or did i miss something?

Anyways, really enjoying it! Amazing work.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Ive only been doin free flights and some of the first few missions. And well, i keep coming back to be able to look around while in cockpit view to do precion landings etc. Does it need to be a 3D rendered cockpit tho? How about a 2d thingy to start out with (lol).

Second, i really wanna be able to change the position of the trottle and tail rottor to my liking (on the ipad). Or did i miss something?

Anyways, really enjoying it! Amazing work.
Lookaround is best with 3d cockpit...but can be really performance hit with all GUI elements and radar. I would rather make side views - swipe left to left window view, swipe right for right view, swipe up for classic view (forward). But it sounds a bit uncomfortable. Better way could be classic touch on left side of the screen (touch and hold) to look left, when release it look forward. (same with right side)....even this has one "BUT".... on the right side you have Collective handle... what a mess. What do you preffer guys? Swipe touches look simple (they aren't...much harder to write than touches) but for good and quicker view changes would be better touch areas / buttons.

Changing position of the GUI controlos - you mean floating option like gameloft has in many games...user can drag controlers to desired position and save it. If I tell the truth, I really have no idea how to handle it right now. But have an idea how to allow you to set some % values of x,y position for current element. I can't promise this at this moment, but I will try to make some changes here.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
iPad Air

With a 2d CP, touching each side to look around sounds best to me (NOT hold, but touch and then touch middle/up to get back to default CP view). And the Throttle shoul´nt be a problem i think, atleast on the ipad?

Yes change positions alá Gameloft or similar, would be great if you could figure it out!

Edit: BTW if u make a 3d cockpit, swipe might be the best solution to slowly look around ur surroundings etc?

Last edited by chris1a; 07-24-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 AM
iPhone 5

Ok, three buttons for three directions of view sounds good. Same way it has even PC sim of F-16...Falcon 4 (Allied force, FF, OF) and it works great.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
iPhone 5

!!! NOW 67% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME !!!

#1 PAID APPS in UK !!! Thank you!

Apache SIM HD iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/apache-sim-hd/id448786180?mt=8
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM

It is at US$0.99 again for a limited time. If you like flying a chopter not so arcade-ish, grab it!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great sim! Played it for some minutes. Could accomplish the first mission without having studied the tutorial before. Intuitive and precise controls. Runs fine and smooth on iPad 2, looks and sounds great. Good flight feeling.

Hope to find the time to play it more soon. Seems to be well equipped with missions and stuff. There are some really good heli sims in App Store now so I got overhyped and even bought a "real" IR controlled indoor micro helicopter (made by Revell—well, THAT'S what I call a battery eater…).

Recommended! Featured in my blog. Thanks for the sale. Absolutely worth the buck if you like sims.

Last edited by Habakuk; 09-01-2011 at 08:42 AM..