★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Birds Have INVADED the OC FAIR!!!!!

07-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Angry Birds Have INVADED the OC FAIR!!!!!

So, I doubt any of you attended the OC Fair today, so I'll share a cool little story with you. The moment I walked in, I walked over to one of the featured water games, where you had to shoot water into the hole and be the first to fill it up. But, I kept on coming back to it even when I lost. Why? Because the big "Choice" item was a stuffed ANGRY BIRD!

I ended up getting quite a few, and here's a pic of them:

P.S. I managed to snag a blue one right before I left. All I needed to do was sink a shot in the hoop and I did it on my first try.
07-16-2011, 12:24 AM
That's awesome. Also, Somewhat related, I've seen a claw machine with angry birds plushies but they aren't as cool looking as those.

Like Kirby and Castlevania? Try Bliblob:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blibb...447580464?mt=8

Looking For a Serious Gaming Forum Minus The Drama? Then Join GamingOutsiders.com

07-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I live in San Francisco and there's a lot of Angry Birds related knickknacks, plushies and bobble head toys in Japantown.
07-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Not entirely surprising, every hipster clothing and music shop down at the local mall carries Angry Birds merchandise now. I was at Target the other day and they had a stack of Angry Birds posters next to a stack of Justin Beiber posters. You can't escape it, Angry Birds is everywhere!
07-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
Not entirely surprising, every hipster clothing and music shop down at the local mall carries Angry Birds merchandise now. I was at Target the other day and they had a stack of Angry Birds posters next to a stack of Justin Beiber posters. You can't escape it, Angry Birds is everywhere!
Yep, which is kinda cool since it brings attention to iOS gaming. Funny thing was, when I asked the worker why they were considered a "big" prize even though other prizes were about 5x bigger, he said that the AB plushies were some of the more expensive ones, which is of course understandable.
07-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Yep, which is kinda cool since it brings attention to iOS gaming. Funny thing was, when I asked the worker why they were considered a "big" prize even though other prizes were about 5x bigger, he said that the AB plushies were some of the more expensive ones, which is of course understandable.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Angry Birds is bigger then Mario was at the height of it's popularity. It has a wider appeal and it's brought more people into gaming then anything mainstream before it. It's literally everywhere, it's been referenced on The Daily Show, Conan and 30 Rock not to mention dozens of other shows over the past few years without anyone blinking an eye. Everyone knows Angry Birds and that legitimizes cell phones as serious gaming platforms and signifies a serious paradigm shift in the gaming industry.
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Angry Birds is available on other platforms, not just the iOS.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth