★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

04-21-2009, 06:58 PM

99games (the developers of WordsWorth) have announced that they will soon be releasing a new game called Wordulous.

There is not much information available about the game, just a short blog teaser post by Prajwal on their website (http://www.99games.in/blog.html):

With the success story of “Wordsworth” under our belt and joy in our hearts, we decided to explore this ocean of words a step further, and this time a little more deeper!!!
Learning is a continuous process; we learn new things everyday and learning first begins in school. Yes! Our next word game has lots to do with it!!! Right from Chalk Piece to the Blackboard, Duster to a School Bell, hmmm, everything is utilized in this new concept and you have control on them all… interesting… huh!!!
Age should not be stopping you from playing this game as this has something for all!!!
Learn, revise and learn again, and then take up a real test as the School teacher is going to test you all…
Answer the test and wait for the results as the teacher Ranks you all… At the end, get ready for the teacher’s comments which may range from “Hmmm, you are a Toddler and you need to study well” to “Oh you are a ‘Cyborg’. Very well done my child”…
As a poet, we would say “Bigger the word longer the time, Unlock the bonus to make hay when it shines”!!!
Herald and share your score with everyone as this game is global!!!
Concept is chalked out… Code is done, but wait… What is the name of this game? We call it “Wordulous”, as words never end; it’s only us who need to find them!!!
Watch out as we unveil this game on the App Store shortly.
It sounds interesting. I really enjoy WordsWorth and I am looking forward to learning more about Wordulous.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wordulous.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	3172  
04-21-2009, 07:02 PM
They should probably change the -ulous ending. This idevice hacking team ends their sites, cydia apps, etc.... in -lous. Some may get confused

04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
looks very interesting . . . though i am not usually a big fan of word games -- this looks quite good
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by foppajoe View Post
They should probably change the -ulous ending. This idevice hacking team ends their sites, cydia apps, etc.... in -lous. Some may get confused
What about Tapulous then? I know they started in the jailbreak community but now
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, someone could get confused that this app is used to steal the words that others created

MAX 3D Artist in Training
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey snow_mani..Thanks for the tip!
Went through the blog..looks really interesting..I'm a big fan of WordsWorth..Can play it for hours together..Wonder how different this game will be..
Going by the standard set by 99Games..Should be good!
05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Here are some more details

The dev contacted me earlier today and gave me a link to a webpage that provides more information about Wordulous. They have given me permission to post that information here before they even post it to their own website! So you read the details here first .

Wordulous is an anagram word game where the aim is to make as many words as possible from a set of letters you are given before time runs out. From the description it appears to have two particularly interesting features that will set it appart from most other anagram games currently in the app store. One is the challenge mode where you can challenge others to beat your score for the same set of letters and the other feature is a background of game music (anagram games I've played so far generally have sound effects but no game music). If this game has the same polish that WordsWorth has then this will be a must play word game.

Wordulous by 99Games
Remember all the fun you had when you were in school? Well, it’s time to revisit the good old days. From the creators of ‘WordsWorth’ comes another power packed game called ‘Wordulous’ - because words never end.

Just kick back and enjoy!!!

The objective of the game is to make the maximum numbers of words out of the given set before your time runs out. Perfect to put your word-building prowess to the test. Not able to get the hang of the game yet? Just switch to the ‘Practice’ mode. Once you’ve reached the end of a game, all the possible words appear on the screen. Speed and quick wit will determine your success in this game.

Declare a War of words!!!

Multiply your word-building fun with the ‘Challenge mode’ that lets you battle it out with your friends on Facebook and phonebook!! With Wordulous, we guarantee that wordplay will never be the same again.

Endless hours of pure fun!!!

Sleek interface, pleasant graphics, cool controls combined with the right music will leave you asking for more. If you liked WordsWorth, you’ll definitely enjoy playing Wordulous. So show us what you’ve got!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wordulous_iphone.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	3609  
05-08-2009, 04:47 AM
I like word games and I play a lot of Word Wrap (similar type game - although the presentation of wordulous looks nicer), I'll definitely try this one out when it's released.
05-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a fun game..Anagram has always been one of my favourite kinds..
05-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Any release date set?