★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready for a new crazy physics golf game where you must pit all your wits against the game to get the ball into the hole in as little shots as possible.

In order to do that you have to discover the best way to reach the hole for each of the 70 levels. This involves using the tools that are available to you such as, dynamite, different crayons that change the physical properties of the ball or even rockets that will launch the ball into the air!

However! Not everything is as simple as it seems: you will have to avoid many obstacles along the way including spikes, lasers and rotating bars which will make things more difficult to you!

Aim, shoot and enjoy! Good luck!

Features:

- 70 exciting levels
- 4 different balls, each one with different powers!
- Dynamites, rockets, cannons and many more objects available to help you!
- OpenFeint Achievements - 26 fun achievements to unlock!
- Retina display

betelu's comments:
Our first game is released! Cavernicola Games is excited to present Crayon Canyon!

Get ready for a new crazy physics golf game where you must pit all your wits against the game to get the ball into the hole in as little shots as possible.

In order to do that you have to discover the best way to reach the hole for each of the 70 levels. This involves using the tools that are available to you such as, dynamite, different crayons that change the physical properties of the ball or even rockets that will launch the ball into the air!

However! Not everything is as simple as it seems: you will have to avoid many obstacles along the way including spikes, lasers and rotating bars which will make things more difficult to you!

Aim, shoot and enjoy! Good luck!

Features:

- 70 exciting levels
- 4 different balls, each one with different powers!
- Dynamites, rockets, cannons and many more objects available to help you!
- OpenFeint Achievements - 26 fun achievements to unlock!
- Retina display

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... looks kinda interesting... might have to check this one out! =oD

07-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Here are some promo codes for Crayon Canyon! Hope you enjoy playing this crazy physics golf game!

[All promo codes used. Thank you everyone!]

Feedback would be great, and if possible leave a reply which code you used.

Regards!

Last edited by betelu; 07-18-2011 at 04:54 AM.
07-16-2011, 08:44 PM
4TL9WN9WW43K

sweet - thank you!!! I hope my kids are gonna love it! =oD
07-16-2011, 08:57 PM
k... little bit of info for people...

you aim with the joystick, then decide how hard to want to hit the ball using the red lever on the right hand side of the screen...

you pull the lever back, and let it go, and then your ball goes... woot woo!! =o)

as for feedback... I haven't gotten far in the game yet... but so far I'm liking it... it's a nifty little mini golf type game... the physics are good, and the obstacles in the levels are nice (spinning sticks and blocks that you need to hit out of the way or go around, but if you go around them and accidently hit them, you can get stuck in the holes that they're meant to fit into... ) - the levels are also kinda like on chalkboards, so you can move the board around to see what the rest of the level looks like... so far, I don't think there's a time limit or anything...

=oP

My kids are gonna enjoy this one... thank you for the code!

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 07-16-2011 at 09:00 PM.
07-16-2011, 09:02 PM
LKJ4A93MP9EJ taken

TY

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks, I picked up TW6NJPXFLHLP.
07-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback syntheticvoid Glad you are liking it! Also appreciated the replies with the used codes!
07-16-2011, 09:12 PM
AXXTWF69M4H9
Thanks!
07-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Fun game. Certainly not always easy to get the stars. I enjoy playing this quite a bit for some reason - frustrating and rewarding when it finally goes in the hole.

It looks decent on the iPad in 2X, and I prefer the larger screen real estate for this. The aiming controls can be touchy - where sometimes when I lift my finger off, it shifts slightly. Not a huge issue as the controls for power and launching are separate - so you can change the aim again without the launch. Nice touch. ;-)

I've played through the first set and partly into the second set. The addition of TNT and coloring the balls through crayons to achieve different capabilities is nice. You activate the use of the capability through the backpack. The levels are challenging, and deciding how to hit the walls to bounce in the right direction can be trial and error sometimes - especially when there are spikes that destroy you (which requires you to try again from your last position).

As I said, it is challenging at times - I can't come close to the requirement for 3 stars for many of the levels, and am lucky that there seems to be an infinite number of attempts allowed - you just won't get any stars. But you do need the stars to unlock the next set of levels, so once you figure out how to get through a level, repeating it to try to get the stars and progress is still fun and challenging.

Overall, nice game, and thanks for the code!