★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sketch Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 111.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: iPad hit comes to the iPhone! Forget ordinary Brick/Blocks and Arkanoid game. This is ArkanoArena!
Try ArkanoArena for iPhone FREE and get ready for the arrival of the full version.

Next-gen Arkanoid with amazing inovations and gameplay. Beautiful steampunk graphics and story - Take the invitation and win this incredible contest.

- The almighty Stinger - the name of the vehicle in the game
- Mr. Arkano and his store - lets upgrade Stinger a little bit, shall we?
- Story... do you have what it takes to win this incredible contest?
- 10 unique & addicting levels / arenas - FREE version
- 3 game modes
- Various weapons, upgrades and bonuses
- Survival mode: All guns & upgrades - but one chance!
- Time bonuses
- Auto save and automatic restore (normal mode, HC mode)
- Cool & dangerous enemies (thats what guns are for!)
- Beautiful graphics, cool sounds and music

Sketch Games's comments:
Hey guys,

you probably heard about our game ArkanoArena for iPad. It is a steampunk brick breaker (aka arkanoid) with some gameplay inovations and unique atmosphere.

Because of great reception we decided to make iPhone version as well. ArkanoArena for iPhone is now available at AppStore for FREE!

This FREE release is actually a beta-demo version and we would be very grateful for you feedback. Even though it is called "beta-demo" there are a lot of improvements when compared to iPad version and we believe, this FREE release will give you a lot of fun as well.

We want to make final release as good as possible and therefore your feedback will be really appreciated. Any comments, any ideas, anything you like or dont like... please use this thread to share it with us!

Thank you!
Sketch Games

07-16-2011, 06:55 PM
It looks good but its way to big. I dont feel like deleting anything. unless it gets some good feedback

07-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Been waiting for this. Already downloading. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, as it's still installing. Will probably play on the way to the play tonight.
07-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmmm... well... uhh... thank you for this little demo...

downloading now... will post impressions soon... But I dunno how good they'll be...

There's been TONS of brick breakers coming out lately... =oP
07-16-2011, 07:47 PM
This game is really crisp and beautiful .. I'm liking this better than "block" release...

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
07-16-2011, 07:54 PM
lol

well the story starts off like a deathmatch fps game...

Arkano's Arena... where only the best battle it out... blah blah... made me laugh... IT'S A BRICK BREAKING GAME =oP

Normal and Hardcore (doesn't let you continue from last level reached after all your balls are gone...) difficulties - along with a Survival Mode... the graphics are nice... scoring is good... power-ups are pretty much like every other brick breaker game... There was one thing that popped up, and teleported my ball to another spot on the screen... that was pretty cool... =oP

Enemies that shoot at you (thought I haven't seen them shoot yet...) and an armory where you can buy a machine gun, rocket launcher, blaster, and various upgrades (stretch, magnet, extra life...) makes for an interesting gaming experience...

Depending on how much the full version is... I'll probably end up buying it... but mainly for the graphics. I'm a sucker for Steampunk type graphics... LOVE THEM... =oD

Thank you for releasing a beta/demo version...
07-16-2011, 08:34 PM
DLing the demo now. I've always been intrigued by the iPad version and have been looking forward to this iteration.

Edits:

Random thoughts:

• First launch paused the game and returned to homescreen. I have have a 3rd gen device with the latest enterprise iOS
  • Intro splashes a bit corny...esp. the last page. Pretentious...
  • Very good, sounds resonates throughout the game. Digitally crisp
  • Animated backgrounds enhance the gameplay ambiance
  • Steampunk-themed music reminds me of Downey Jr's Holmes
  • Balls hitting the pad and normal bricks have a delayed, echoing thud. Not sure if that's intentional, but the nuclear brick's explosions and the machine guns barrage synchronize in concert with screen action
  • First few rounds of multi-ball power up caused the frame rate to hiccup. However, later busyness ran like buttah
  • Not enough power ups
  • Armory is cool
  • Hate those dang metallic barriers/blocks
  • Unsure of what some of the power ups do. For example, one landed on my pad and emitted a electric blue effect, but with no noticeable upgrade. (I hope I recounted it correctly as there was a lot of activity going on-screen at the time)
All in all, a pretty good beta. Looking forward to further improvements.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 07-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.
07-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Great!

I waited long for this game. iPad version is cool and the iPhone version is even better. Graphics, gameplay and is no competition between brick breaker game in iPhone. Great work. I will waiting on full version.
07-17-2011, 02:34 PM
after playing more, I'm super excited about the full version!! This has got to be one of the best, if not the best brick breakers in the appstore!
07-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Best game in its genre

I also think that arkanoarena is the best brick breaker - arkanoid game in AppStore. Thank you developers