★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **How long can you survive the Red Menace???**
Get ready for one of the most addictive games on the iPad, now available on your phone too!

A new enemy is growing in strength the Mainframe 'Lothos' is taking over vital subsystems and gradually becoming self aware!

We need as much data as possible on this enemy! Pilot your .Matrixx Avatar within the mainframe, avoiding Red enemy data spheres while collecting Blue ones for more data!

Powerups will aid you in your mission, turning the tables on the enemy, or allowing you to harvest even more data!

Make no mistake. There's no way out of this alive. But will you prove to be the best infiltrator on the planet?

ArcadeLife.co.uk says:
"A lot of thought (and love) has gone into the controls, game mechanics and the overall feel of the game. Add in some unlockable graphic themes and music, achievements and online leaderboards and here's a game you will be coming back to again and again."

Thank you! :D

Features:

*From the maker of Air Supply - 1bit Run!
*Intuitive relative touch controls!
*Beautiful 'Tron' style graphics!
*Game changing Powerups such as 'Repel Thingy' (it's the official term, ok?) and Smartbombs!
*Unlockable new Avatars, background Grids and Music!
*Unlockable achievements!
*Five awesome music tracks by Amiga Agia including 'The Never Played Atari' and 'My Gameboy is better'!
*Constantly shifting enemy movement patterns!
*Additional enemies track you down the better you get!
*GameCenter leaderboards - are you the best hacker in the world?
*Ipad exclusive!
*Supremely addictive

quantumsheep's comments:
Hello lovely peeps!

I've had a bit of a nightmare getting this out, but it's out now!

Here's some details on this iPad exclusive, priced at just $1.99!

And here's a couple of vids for you!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hope you give it a go, and let me know what you think if you do! (if you can tear yourself away from it! )

Many thanks all!

QS

EDIT - sorry, I forgot to mention, there's a FREE Mac version. It doesn't have leaderboards at all (unlike the GameCentre board in the iPad version) but it's free, and it will hopefully give you a better idea of how the game plays, and if it's worth your money!

You can download that here: https://files.me.com/qsheep/z0ote3

Hope you like it, feedback always welcome!
07-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Hello all!

Just a quick reminder, the game will be $.99 on iPad for just a few more hours in the UK - probably a little longer in the US and elsewhere!

Thanks to those that have tried it! I've had some lovely reviews so far on iTunes:

"This game takes my favorite aspect of arcade shooters, bob and weave and takes away the distraction of shooting. Easy to pick up and play and addictive as they come. With plenty of unlockables and usually the developer does updates pretty frequently to keep it interesting.

Catch it while it's on sale"

Another says:

"Its really addicted, love the very new form of gaming on the iPad and the design is outstanding."

And one just says:

"Great music. Great fun."

Thanks to those lovely peeps, and I hope you're all enjoying it if you gave it a go!!

Cheers,

QS

07-17-2011, 03:02 PM
bought it, played it, deleted it.... naff

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLimey View Post
bought it, played it, deleted it.... naff
How constructive! Thanks for the feedback

Please do leave a review on iTunes as well if you would. Cheers!

QS
07-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumsheep View Post
How constructive! Thanks for the feedback

Please do leave a review on iTunes as well if you would. Cheers!

QS
Sorry, not much else to say other than it got a bit boring for me very quickly, I'm a huge supporter of indie devs, some of my fave games are silverfish, tilt to live, spirit etc, but I'm sorry, your game just didn't do it for me... I won't leave a bad review on iTunes, I rarely do that.... still, at least you got my money, no harm done

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Sorry, not much else to say other than it got a bit boring for me very quickly, I'm a huge supporter of indie devs, some of my fave games are silverfish, tilt to live, spirit etc, but I'm sorry, your game just didn't do it for me... I won't leave a bad review on iTunes, I rarely do that.... still, at least you got my money, no harm done
Hey,

No worries. I'm all for free speech, and if you didn't like something, I'd really like to know what it was!

I try and be as honest and transparent as I can about my games. For this one I provided a description, screenshots, video of the game being played and even the full game, for free, for Mac owners (I see from your sig that you are one!).

After all that, I'm sorry you found it 'boring' - personally, I love it, but when you're this close to something, it's difficult to imagine how others might view it.

Which is why beta testers are important of course, and I took some of their suggestions and incorporated them into the game.

On the whole though, they loved it, found it very addictive, and played it for far longer than they thought they would.

Now that it's out in the 'wild' though, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with a few people suggesting things here and there that I'm making notes on to see if I can improve the game further.

If you have the time, I'd love to hear more detailed feedback as to how I can make the game better.

Having said that, I can't please *all* the people *all* the time, so if it just didn't click for you, then I can take that as well and move on!

You could always ask Apple for your money back too

Anyway, thanks for the response.

QS
07-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumsheep View Post
Hey,

No worries. I'm all for free speech, and if you didn't like something, I'd really like to know what it was!

I try and be as honest and transparent as I can about my games. For this one I provided a description, screenshots, video of the game being played and even the full game, for free, for Mac owners (I see from your sig that you are one!).

After all that, I'm sorry you found it 'boring' - personally, I love it, but when you're this close to something, it's difficult to imagine how others might view it.

Which is why beta testers are important of course, and I took some of their suggestions and incorporated them into the game.

On the whole though, they loved it, found it very addictive, and played it for far longer than they thought they would.

Now that it's out in the 'wild' though, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with a few people suggesting things here and there that I'm making notes on to see if I can improve the game further.

If you have the time, I'd love to hear more detailed feedback as to how I can make the game better.

Having said that, I can't please *all* the people *all* the time, so if it just didn't click for you, then I can take that as well and move on!

You could always ask Apple for your money back too

Anyway, thanks for the response.

QS

Ok, I'm really into tilt games, Tilt to live, tilt to fly, Hyperlight... That kinda thing, this game to me looked for all the world like a tilt game, but I could see no option for it in the options..... And the 'move your finger around the screen' controls got a bit boring for me,... Don't get me wrong, I'm not all about tilt.... Games like spirit have the whole 'finger moving around the screen' control type and that's one of the best iOS games money can buy.... It just doesn't feel right to me in your game.. I would be happier with tilt...

There, is that more constuctive criticism for you?

Oh and gamecenter achieves would have been nice, seeing as you have in game achieves already in there, dunno why you didn't add them to your gamecenter instead of just leaderboards

07-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Ok, I'm really into tilt games, Tilt to live, tilt to fly, Hyperlight... That kinda thing, this game to me looked for all the world like a tilt game, but I could see no option for it in the options..... And the 'move your finger around the screen' controls got a bit boring for me,... Don't get me wrong, I'm not all about tilt.... Games like spirit have the whole 'finger moving around the screen' control type and that's one of the best iOS games money can buy.... It just doesn't feel right to me in your game.. I would be happier with tilt...

There, is that more constuctive criticism for you?

Oh and gamecenter achieves would have been nice, seeing as you have in game achieves already in there, dunno why you didn't add them to your gamecenter instead of just leaderboards

See - that's brilliant! Thank you!

I used relative touch as a control option because for me, and for the testers, it seems far more accurate - tilt is great, especially when done really well, but for this game, which can get pretty frantic, I felt that it would annoy more people than please them.

If enough people ask for tilt controls, though, I'll be happy to put them in as an option in an update.

Start your campaign!

I'll check out Spirit, as I've not played that, so thanks for the recommendation.

I'm sorry you didn't like my game so much, but thank you for taking the time to expand on your original comment. It's certainly appreciated!

Cheers,

QS
07-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Spirit and spirit HD are both awesome, especially pulse mode

07-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Well, just over an hour in the UK till the price goes up to $1.99!

would love some more opinions, so please feel free to grab a promo code:

H3PTHT7MYF7A
XN3AFNWHHATR
FKKW3WYEJ46M
H4T7Y49TNNTP
4E6E9PEJ9RWH
3FYYHFYLA67T
YPLLPPK4L7HM
34R6L3NJNNHE
EY4FNTYL4AMY
HAXHJEHJNJ9H

If you could let people know which one you took, that'd be great, and I'd love to hear some more opinions!

Cheers!

QS