Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just noticed the update is out, adding a fourth world and completing the game. This makes it both an almost incredible anomaly in that the developers actually completely fulfilled their promise after initially releasing an unfinished (content-wise) game, as well as quite simply one of the best games on the app store.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Just noticed the update is out, adding a fourth world and completing the game. This makes it both an almost incredible anomaly in that the developers actually completely fulfilled their promise after initially releasing an unfinished (content-wise) game, as well as quite simply one of the best games on the app store.
Wow, it actually won't get any more updates? That's weird. I've never seen a game actually gotten complete
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Wow, it actually won't get any more updates? That's weird. I've never seen a game actually gotten complete
Well, that's just what it said in the notes. Might only mean last "major content" update though. I expect the dev will be by soon enough to clarify.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I went over the first few pages of this thread looking for my posts (completely forgot I was the first to post in here other than the TC ) and it's hilarious how I went back and forth with "get this, don't get this, get this, don't get this...OH HELL, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PLATFORMERS ON THE APP STORE!". All these months later, next to The Last Rocket, this was the best $2.99 I spent on the App Store and I'm glad I took the plunge, rather than waiting for a sale. Kumbios absolutely delivered on all fronts and I'm glad to say I was among their first supporters. Even if Bean's Quest never gets another update, this one's staying on each and every iDevice I ever get. Classic.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

^Agree with that, its a great game, didnt think i would like a platform game with the character jumping all the time but obviously works perfectly in this game. Well worth the money, great polished game
Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Holy cow, thanks for the awesome update. The game's definitely come far.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

I also think, this is the best platformer in the store. Cool character, unique gameplay, perfect presentation (sound and graphics are a bliss), simple yet great controls, now great content and tons of heart. It's all in there. So, if you slightly like platformers, GET THIS GAME.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:56 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Well, that's just what it said in the notes. Might only mean last "major content" update though. I expect the dev will be by soon enough to clarify.
Hi Gabrien, it's a major content update but probably the last. For a few different reasons. 1, it finishes off the story (yes there was actually a story and Emilio has his confrontation with the wizard Malmagoz - play it through and you'll enjoy the final battle and ending.

2, we never wanted to go beyond the app store's 20MB limit for downloading over 3G connections and we're at that point now. If we continue the story of Emilio (we have ideas of course then we'll do it with a sequel.

Also guys, just to clarify. It's actually TWO new worlds, 23 new stages altogether when counting the boss. This expands the stage count to 50 in total. Nearly doubling the game length.

Also Gabrien, very proud to be an anomaly, we always intended to complete Bean's story.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kumobius View Post
Hi Gabrien, it's a major content update but probably the last. For a few different reasons. 1, it finishes off the story (yes there was actually a story and Emilio has his confrontation with the wizard Malmagoz - play it through and you'll enjoy the final battle and ending.

2, we never wanted to go beyond the app store's 20MB limit for downloading over 3G connections and we're at that point now. If we continue the story of Emilio (we have ideas of course then we'll do it with a sequel.

Also guys, just to clarify. It's actually TWO new worlds, 23 new stages altogether when counting the boss. This expands the stage count to 50 in total. Nearly doubling the game length.

Also Gabrien, very proud to be an anomaly, we always intended to complete Bean's story.
Awesome. This is exactly how you build a loyal following on the app store. Look forward to whatever you guys come up with next.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Awesome. This is exactly how you build a loyal following on the app store. Look forward to whatever you guys come up with next.
Thanks man, we're working on it.

Speaking of things we come up with next... we just recently took part in the Global Game Jam this past weekend and made a game within 48 hours. It's free for PC and Mac. You can check it out here:

http://www.kumobius.com/omeletteboris/

It's a physics puzzler, and amazingly, we won the local competition! Both the grand prize from the judges and the public's choice award here in Melbourne, Australia - where we are based. If you like the game let us know