★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-17-2011, 02:45 AM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
The only thing I would change would be to lessen the inertia/momentum effect when moving and speed up the jumping just a little. I was hoping for something that controlled like Super Spike Dislike.
Actually, I really love that it's a bit floaty... just fits the character. I guess, they did it on purpose, since it's still fun. I'm fine with it. But I guess, many people might want to see that improved.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-17-2011, 02:58 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I take back what I said. :/ I just can't recommend this in it's current state for $2.99. Yes, more levels are coming, but 8 levels for 3 dollars is a tough sale.
I disagree. The sheer amount of thought put into every detail by the devs deserves the money so they will have the motivation to add more levels. It would be a shame for this game to go unsupported and die. This is the first platformer for iPhone that gives me the same feeling I get when playing the classic Mario, Kirby and Sonic games.

07-17-2011, 03:06 AM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
I disagree. The sheer amount of thought put into every detail by the devs deserves the money so they will have the motivation to add more levels. It would be a shame for this game to go unsupported and die. This is the first platformer for iPhone that gives me the same feeling I get when playing the classic Mario, Kirby and Sonic games.
I'm also loving it a lot. But I'm sure, this game will earn a lot of bad ratings due to the lack of content (which is especially important for platformers). And this is sad, because besides the amount of levels, this game is pure brilliance. The devs should have waited and first finish the game, then release a bigger package. Reviews would be raving. Now, everyone will say, it's great but caution, it's way too short.... will affect sales and ratings.

Reminds me of Pizza Boy. Another game, that's easily one of the best platformers out there, but also way too short.

We just can hope that the devs will hurry.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-17-2011, 03:44 AM
#14
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
The devs should have waited and first finish the game, then release a bigger package. Reviews would be raving. Now, everyone will say, it's great but caution, it's way too short.... will affect sales and ratings.
Exactly what i was about to write. I think i'll wait for the first update before buying it.

Price doesn't matter, but with more content, this game will be an instabuy for sure. And i'm sure, i'll post a 5 stars review.

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38
07-17-2011, 04:42 AM
#15
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
I looked at this last night. While the game looks good I can't really justify buying it for that price with that amount of content, if only on principle alone. Particularly as the amount of content does not seem to be particularly well advertised. Additionally the number of 5 star reviews that appeared in the app store within a fairly short period of time make me a little suspicious.

In any case I agree this should either have been released with more content or at the minimum (at most) price. If the game is actually any good this release is doing it a disservice.
07-17-2011, 06:08 AM
#16
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,740
So tempted to buy this based on the impressions in this thread and the graphics, but 8 levels does seem a bit short. I'm just a bit worried because we've all seen devs promise X/YZ and then disappear off to nowhere (usually because sales were poor). Actually, excluding a select few devs, I rarely purchase games based on future promises. I ask myself, is the game with its current content worth the price? On the other hand, though, making the purchase now would help boost sales a bit, slightly increasing the incentive to deliver the extra levels.
07-17-2011, 06:53 AM
#17
I sent the devs some feedback via email and already got a very kind reply. Yes, they are admitting that maybe it was a mistake to release this game that early. But it's their first game (!!!!! that's absolutely amazing) and they just were extremely excited to get something out after a long time of development. Now they are looking forward to receiving outside feedback to improve new levels even more. And they are working hard on them right now. New content WILL come.

And if you love the music as much as I do, they also sent me the link to the source. And I think it's best to share it here, too: http://flashygoodness.com

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-17-2011, 07:03 AM
#18
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,411
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, I think I'll wait to get it til they add more content... I just can't see myself paying $3 for 8 levels... no matter how good the game is (unless Cave made it... hehe)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
07-17-2011, 07:05 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, I think I'll wait to get it til they add more content... I just can't see myself paying $3 for 8 levels... no matter how good the game is (unless Cave made it... hehe)
I bet you would absolutely love even these 8 levels

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-17-2011, 07:06 AM
#20
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,411
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
even so... with an appstore FULL of platformers with much more content, for less money... it was a VERY bad idea to release the game this early... ESPECIALLY with it being their first game... if they were a well developed dev company, that had at least a couple games out already, and had updated those with plenty of content after releases, I might think about it...

But really, what a bad decision for their first release

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)