★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Hahaha, whoops! Well, I'd definitely recommend looking for the hidden path as opposed to the grueling and chaotic yellow hopper wrangling that was my solution
I managed to get on to the platform with axolotl, by synchronizing yellow dude and bat. From there i landed into a passage that got me on to the checkpost on the left. That made me try and find a secret way to the axolotl, which I couldn't. . Moved past it though. Almost done with Wizard's lair.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
03-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kumobius View Post
Wow, amazing solution Matt. I am impressed once again. But I should warn everyone! That is not the intended solution, there is an unmarked secret passage in the stage that gives you a much simpler path to reaching the axolotl :O

Nonetheless, bravo for synchronising the bat with the yellow hopper! That is quite an accomplishment. If people are struggling to find the secret passage I can further explain here. Additionally, we'll consider changing it from being an unmarked to a marked passage in a future update
Honestly, how is one supposed to reveal an unmarked secret passage by anything short of hopping on every block and hitting every section of every wall!!

If the secret passsage unmarked, I'd recommend players lining up the baddies and hopping on the axolotl. It's not thaaat difficult really. There are more difficult sections in the game.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!

03-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 655
Whoa, what's with the leaderboards? People have less jumps than gold par. Is there room in some level designs to get lower than "perfect"?
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Update hit.

And yeah, I've gotten lower than par on quite a few levels... And I know there's others who are way better than me.

Anywho... Any chance of iCloud support in a future update? Love that the games universal, but it can be a pain having to do everything twice...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
03-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: BBC Studio
Posts: 195
Nice update.
03-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Update hit.

And yeah, I've gotten lower than par on quite a few levels... And I know there's others who are way better than me.

Anywho... Any chance of iCloud support in a future update? Love that the games universal, but it can be a pain having to do everything twice...
Hey guys,

Yeah the update basically just fixes a few graphical errors and a little gameplay tweaks. We added a higher quality intro video and fixed the font rendering on the new iPad.

We're going to think about iCloud support. Mainly because we're working pretty heavily on our next game right now, we haven't had a chance to really look into iCloud. But since we want iCloud support in our next game we'll probably address it in Bean's Quest at some point. I'll keep you posted!

Regarding that secret passage. Yeah, that was a mistake, it should've been marked in some way! I'll give you guys a hint though so you don't need to investigate every nook and cranny of the level. You reach the secret passage using the running turtle at the start of the stage! That's all I'll say for now!

On a total side note... we're going to PAX East next week and we're exhibiting in the indie games showcase at PAX! If anyone going to PAX East wants to drop by and say hello, just come by a booth called the "Boston Indie Showcase"
03-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
i achieved 100% completion a few weeks ago and have been completing the boss level over and over again to continue my addiction haha - thanks for the great game!

i did notice a bit more consistency in the boss battle after the update. the things that he shoots out seemed to be more accurate.

oh, and i did complete the aforementioned level in the same way as Matt. i think the problem is that that solution seems like the obvious choice when you reach the area and as a result no one has any reason to think that they should be searching for a passage. that was my thought at least, and i ended up spending a looooong time getting it just right!

Last edited by beekai; 03-27-2012 at 01:34 AM.
04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
i just achieved 100% completion as well and came here assuming it would be overloaded with strategies and stories for all of the challenges. i'm really surprised this game doesn't have more of a following. this game easily provided more entertainment and replayability than any other ios game i have played.

i went through the entirety of the game twice before really focusing on collecting all of the axolotls and gems. what a huge sense of accomplishment. and then i managed to not only beat every level with the challenge of matching the par amount of jumps but beating a few after i did that. i really wish i could see how many hours i have sunk into this game.

if any of the developers read this i just want to say thanks. every tiny detail of the game equals up to a really amazing experience and your hard work is really apparent. i look forward to hearing about your next project.
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over The Rainbow
Posts: 3,154
I bought this game awhile ago, but only got round to playing it recently. I finished the game, and came here to thank the devs for one of the best games on iOS. I will buy whatever you make next, and here's hoping for a Bean's Quest 2.
09-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMonster View Post
i just achieved 100% completion as well and came here assuming it would be overloaded with strategies and stories for all of the challenges. i'm really surprised this game doesn't have more of a following. this game easily provided more entertainment and replayability than any other ios game i have played.

i went through the entirety of the game twice before really focusing on collecting all of the axolotls and gems. what a huge sense of accomplishment. and then i managed to not only beat every level with the challenge of matching the par amount of jumps but beating a few after i did that. i really wish i could see how many hours i have sunk into this game.

if any of the developers read this i just want to say thanks. every tiny detail of the game equals up to a really amazing experience and your hard work is really apparent. i look forward to hearing about your next project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I bought this game awhile ago, but only got round to playing it recently. I finished the game, and came here to thank the devs for one of the best games on iOS. I will buy whatever you make next, and here's hoping for a Bean's Quest 2.
Thank you to both of you. It's really nice to hear this kind of feedback

Heads up to everyone, we just released a minor update to Bean's Quest. It adds support for iCloud syncing of your level and achievement progress. Just be aware that syncing doesn't occur instantly with iCloud, so don't run the update and immediately delete the app expecting everything to sync immediately. Play a few levels and make sure you're connected the internet. The syncing should kick in after a while. And make sure you have an iCloud account set up as well!

I'd hate for players to remove the app thinking their data was synced when it wasn't. Anyone who has gotten the achievements in Bean's Quest probably realises they're pretty tough

You should hear more about our new game soon... :O Follow us on twitter to stay fully aware http://www.twitter.com/kumobius/

Regarding Bean's Quest - ahem, all I will say is that Emilio's story is not finished.