★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do you organize your ios games and apps?

07-17-2011, 07:00 AM
How do you organize your ios games and apps?

Hey so my ipod is fairly cluttered and I haven't really organized my apps since since i got it. How do you organize your apps on your ipod/iphone/ipad?
07-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Hmm, folders are myfriend- i only have one page for my home screen- i keep critical stuff on top, and the rest in folders:

Top row:
[Calendar] [Sleep Cycle] [Calculator] [Clock]

Second row:
[ProHDR] [Notes] [Net utils folder (youtube etc)] [Tools folder (facetime etc)]

Third row:
[Gamer folder (12 games on rotation, permanent SFIV:Volt...)] [Travel folder (language apps)] [Novels folder (books and graphic novels)]

Erm, and that's it... I probably won't run out of space any time soon, since i have room on there for 5 more folders...

07-17-2011, 08:20 AM
First page is all the included apps and a few news ones (no folders), plus the 2 games I am most into.
Second page is all folder full of games by category. Third page has folders for other apps and the included apps I never use.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
07-17-2011, 08:24 AM
^ Mine is similar to Inju's. The 1st page is mostly the default apps + a couple games that I play frequently. The 2nd page is all folders, categorizing my games by genre. I don't have too many non-game apps, so they all fit into a couple folders. I think after that, I just have a bunch of games that I haven't played or tested yet, so I haven't gotten around to categorizing a lot of them.
07-17-2011, 08:28 AM
I can't decide if i want to split them into folders or just have all my top played apps on the first 2 pages and then ones i play occasionally on the following 2 pages. I wish there was a way to preview a change on itunes before it changes on the i device
07-17-2011, 08:39 AM
How many apps you keep is going to be a big factor. If you're the type who axes every game after you're done playing, then there's probably no reason to even bother with folders. OTOH, if you're very packrat-ish, then you're going to need them unless you want like 10 pages on your screen. I'm actually considering substantially raising my cutoff for keeping games just because it's all starting to take too much screen space. I don't even have that many apps compared to some people, and it already bothers me. I don't know how those with 300+ apps deal with it, haha.
07-17-2011, 08:46 AM
I tend to keep all the apps that i paid for and only the free games that i really like. Right now I have 93 games and some apps. I'll keep my home page more or less as it currently is. Maybe I will add some folders.

What titles do you use for folders? Like some examples? Casual? Platformer? Racing? Sports? FPS?
07-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Ugh, This post has been done before.......

Maybe show some screenshots?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	35426   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	30
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	35427   Click image for larger version

Name:	phoeto.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	35428  

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
07-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Ahyea, I've probably answered a ton of these type questions already but will comment that it'd be nice if the 12 count folder allotment would get bumped up some. Way too many folders listing genres by name and then a number.