★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: fingermaze - I just don't get it

11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
fingermaze - I just don't get it

I jsut can't understand why this game has gotten so many great reviews. I tried it, and I wasn't unimpressed by it at all, but it only held my interest for about ten minutes, then I jsut had to quit. And that VOICE, my God it's so annoying after 3 or 4 times... "AWESOME!! GOOD!! GREAT!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!" LOL, so don't get me wrong, it was okay, but please help me understand what kept your interest beyond ten minutes in this game??
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
You and me both mate. Thought it was ok for a few goes. Liked the style. Voice got on my t!ts after 5 minutes. I got bored after 10. AWESOME!

11-07-2008, 09:54 AM
It is an interesting concept, but really I am sick of games where I have to start on the first level and play till I die only to start over again from the very beginning (Virus for example). So, basically you have to waste 5+ minutes playing through the easy levels just to get to the hard stuff. The later levels are much more fun, but it is too much of a waste of time getting to where it gets challenging.
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Agreed. This is one of those apps that everyone tells you that you are supposed to like, but I can't figure out the appeal of it. It's very well put together with great graphics, but after about 5 minutes, I already had enough.

Now, arcade hoops - that one is casual gaming at its best. Quick to play, great replay value and nicely done.
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Nice presentation, graphics, sound... But not for me either.
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
am I the only one who likes this game? I just use it as a pick up game from time to time, yeah the voice does get annoying overtime with all the awesome in a row. But I still like the whole concept of the game, and is free!! so I keep it on my phone and play it when I want to. I just think as a whole for a free game, it has awesome visuals and sound. Alot better than some small paid games.
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursndax View Post
it has AWESOME visuals and sound. Alot better than some small paid games.
That robots getting to you isn't he? You've been playing it too much pal
11-07-2008, 11:56 AM
I have the ipod touch so I wasnt annoyed by the sound since I never heard them. It should have a maze select screen similar to numba. That way once you beat a level you can play it whenever you want. Probably gonna come out with that kind of stuff in a paid version though.

kwigbo.com - iPhone dev blog with code snippets and more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
iReviewFail.com Funny reviews from the iOS App Store
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I think it's good for mindless fun if you have a few minutes to spare.

It took me a while (i.e. more than one level) to realise you don't have to start straight away, you should wait to start the level until the timing is right.
11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
maybe the reason you dont get it is you cant EVEN remember the freaking app name.

it's MAZEFINGER. not the other way around.

when you bash an app, at least be technically correct.