★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aww, Eggplant!? - Full and Lite

07-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Aww, Eggplant!? - Full and Lite

Hey Touch Arcade Community!

My name is Anthony Palma and I'm currently a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University's Entertainment Technology Center as well as a game developer. Two friends from the program (Alex Kowalski, Tyler Emptage) and I have created a fun, addicting, Unity3D physics-based skill game for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad titled "Aww, Eggplant!?" that was just released in the App Store! The full game only costs $0.99 and a free, ad-supported version is on the way as well.

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aww-e...0703?ls=1&mt=8

Features include:
-Fast-paced physics-based skewering gameplay
-Unique and intuitive one-touch controls that make picking up and playing a cinch
-Never-ending level tiers that get more difficult to pass as you progress
-Six hilarious themes to keep the level progressions entertaining and interesting
-Four unique mini-games to mix up gameplay styles
-Original music and sound effects -- all from one guy's unaltered voice.
-Tons of visceral feedback to let you know how you're performing
-GameCenter Integration with 10 Leaderboards and 30 Achievements for GameCenter-enabled devices (built with Prime31's beautiful plugin)
-Created by only three grad students!!

The goal of the game is simple: Skewer as many veggies as possible within the time limit, but don't skewer any eggplants! Earn enough points to pass each round and work towards a high score! Anthropomorphized veggies constantly fly out from each side of the screen spinning and screaming, and your job is to skewer them while they're in mid-air to earn points. It's that simple!

Below are the links to our Teaser Trailer and Gameplay videos to give you a better feel for how the game plays and the mood of the game.

Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCgDtTM5Ju0

Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1LnFIa2vSw

Please support your indie college bootstrapping developer friends and pick up a copy of Aww, Eggplant!? today!

Many thanks,
-The Aww, Eggplant!? Team
07-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

Last edited by injuwarrior; 07-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.

07-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the bump, Inju!

Please check out our app if you love skill-based games with ridiculous humor, competitive leaderboards and plenty of unlockable achievements!

Thanks,
07-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Game Impressions

A truly addicting game! Perfect for either a quick play session or passing time (a la Angry Birds). Alot of cool content here... the unique and varied themes, achievements, leaderboards, and mini-games will keep you coming back for more!
07-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey stemz0r,

Just downloaded the game, and I can already say I'm a huge fan! My kids are seriously obsessed! Great job and keep up the good work!
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Just a bit suspicious that the only two people posting positive impressions only have 1 post...very suspicious...

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
07-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Just a bit suspicious that the only two people posting positive impressions only have 1 post...very suspicious...
Indeed, and after reading through the reviews on iTunes I believe that one of the devs belongs to a fraternity.
07-24-2011, 12:43 PM
So quick to judge...

Hey, we're 3 indie college students and this is our first game, how else do you expect us to try and promote? The game just got a pretty good IGN review so not all our downloads and reviews are from friends and family I assure you. You should check out the game since you're already here and reading reviews about it!

We really appreciate any publicity we can get as it's hard to break through without a publisher or any money for advertising. Please support us!

Thanks,
09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Aww, Eggplant!? Free - The FREE version of a fun and addicting new iPhone skill game!

Hey TouchArcade community!

The FREE version of our goofy game, Aww, Eggplant!? is out now!

iTunes Store Link to Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aww-eggplant!-free/id457280187?mt=8

The free version includes:
  • 5 Exciting fast-paced skill-based levels!
  • 1 of 4 Mini-Game modes!
  • 1 of 6 hilarious themes!
  • Simple one-touch controls that making picking up and playing a cinch!
  • The same fun and addicting hilarity you can find in the full version!

Please check it out! As an indie grad school developer, we greatly appreciate each and every download, so thanks in advance!

-Anthony

Last edited by stemz0r; 09-14-2011 at 06:23 PM.
09-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, it pisses me off when some devs do this crap, and I absolutely HATE eggplant! I guess the game play here is at least different than the usual slice and dice that I'm tired of, but I don't think I'll be picking up this one.