1st Ascension Tournament!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rekirtS, Jul 18, 2011.

1. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    #1 rekirtS, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    forum name-GC name-time zone

The Enlightened
    Crunc
    Camzy:Camzee:USA: Eastern Time
    sanitymops:sanitymops: USA Eastern Time
    soldat7 (you replaced thequad9 so you might not be matched up in your correct timezone)

The Mechana
    skarsnik:celeric:Asia GMT +8
    aaronius80:aaronius80:Asia GMT +8
    FrancoPobbio, chile (honestly not sure where to put chile, sorry! PM me if it’s a problem…)
    AchillesReborn, The Raven,

The Void
    rekirts:rekirts:USA Central Time
    blake:blake_storm:USA Central Time
    Gwill2112:gwill2112: USA Central Time
    drelbs-DaNiu23 East time

The Lifebound
    thevagrant:Corroyeur:Europe GMT +1
    FPE:FPEX:Europe
    juan13:karajohn13:Europe
    JammaTal:JammaTal: Europe GMT +1

http://ascensiongame.com/howtoplay

Welcome heroes of Vigil!

Once a peaceful land, the Great Seal protecting Vigil has been weakened, allowing exotic monsters and deities to reinhabit the land—and with them, a divine treasure so powerful that will grant the user one wish. A great war has broken out amonst the four civilizations! Be the last one standing to claim the prize and use it for whatever you desire—whether it be for good, or for evil… for your civilization, or for yourself…

This tournament will use a combination of a round-robin qualifier than afterwards, will become a knock-out style tournament to determine the best Ascension player on Touch Arcade! (for now…) The style is as follows…

The sixteen individuals will be split up into a group of four, representing their civilizations best heroes. In round robin style, each player in the group will fight each of the others ONCE, to determine their civilizations best fighter and most apt to win the prize. The two contestants with the best records (in case of tie between records, head-to-head records will be used) will be entered into the knock-out style tournament. The top seed from group A will fight the second seed from Group B, while the top seed from Group B will face the second seed of Group A. The same for groups C and D.

Heres picture for the knockout tournament ONLY, the round robin part would take too much effort for four pictures :D

http://betterbracketmaker.com/#!/ec9bc5e5af1e4

The knock-out portion of the tournament will be single elimination best two out of three style.

Championship too will be best out of three, out of five would take too long I believe.

Tournament disputes will be handled by myself and Arashi, if one happens (such as taking too much time, or argument over the rules). Remember, take screenshots of your winning screen if you want solid proof of your victories. Don’t cheat guys, it’s for fun no money is involved :).

Best of luck and may the best hero win! Represent your world well!

The tournament has begun! Request fights from within your group until you have played each other competitor within your group ONCE. Post all results here including screenshots if you need to. BEFORE STARTING Make sure before starting the match that both you AND your opponent know whether your match is for the tournament or for fun. I want none of "i thought we were just having fun!".

game on.:cool:

the tournament will probably span over the next half a week to 2 weeks to fully complete so be patient and such it doesn't have to end in one day.

2. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    My full GC is actually 'The Raven 1983' (my fault; I left the 1983 off when I first signed up to the tournament.)

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    I'm in Central USA timezone. Are we allowed to play asynchronously? I'm a busy dude!

4. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    3 E's in my name.

Camzeee.

Adding everyone now, this is exciting!

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    GC works after the patch - place me down as "drelbs" and I'm on West Coast time, US... :)

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Darn. Wish I'd gotten in on this. I'd get crushed, but would have liked to have tried anyway. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    crunc, do you want my place?
    Unfortunately nature (in form of my second child) is playing games and the tournament start exactly when I might get father again ...

8. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

#8 Arashi541, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    Hey crunc if you would like my place you can take it as I unfortunately have to forfeit the tournament. I got a crapload of stuff coming up in the next few days and next week and will be leaving for Indiana soon. I dont want to drag you guys down with the games so i am forfeiting. Ill still be on TA sometimes but I wont have enough time to play a full game. All the best!

9. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Seems it is the first result so far, thanks for the match Jammatal !!

[​IMG]

EDIT : how do I post a thumbnail instead of a pic?

10. JammaTal

JammaTal Active Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Germany
    Hello Corroyeur! Gratulations!

Corroyeur beats Jammatal 75:74

11. JammaTal

JammaTal Active Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Germany
    Karajohn beats JammaTal 80:72
    Congratulations to Karajohn13!
    just no deckshufflers or banishers in my reach during the game, sigh...

12. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Thanks JammaTal

Attached Files:

13. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Anyone in my zone free to play a game?

I'm ready and available (and fresh off a 5 game winning streak xD)

14. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Camzy, I will be free to play in a little more than an hour when i get back from dinner :)

15. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    crunc will replace Arashi.

16. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Okay. Just write in this thread when you're ready. I'm playing a few games now.

17. sanitymops

Apr 20, 2011
    Ready! Can't wait to get this shindig goin'.

18. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Alrighty!

This match here counts for the tournament!

19. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Good game sanitymops.

I got lucky with the Avatar. It was always going to be a rush to see who killed it first ;)

20. sanitymops

Apr 20, 2011
    Kicked my butt! Good job :)