★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My thoughts on Smith Shooter

04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
My thoughts on Smith Shooter

I was one of the lucky ones that recieved a P.C. for this game called "Smith Shooter" so the least that I could do is give an honest first impression of the game

Smith Shooter

* Now, for those of you with a twisted sense of humor like myself or you just like to see damage being done to someone for no apparent reason then this app is for you. I cracked open a few cold ones and unleashed my fury of the day by shooting poor Smith into everything that I could aim at. I found it hilarious how his body reacts after crashing into the various obstacles such as buses, bombs and buildings that I shot him out of the cannon at. Seeing his limbs flail around all over the place is funny to me then again I get a kick out of pick-up apps like this that I find is a good stress reliever after a long work day. I do like the Reggae inspired backdrop which is pretty cool to listen to as well. If you are looking for a quick stress release or something to laugh at and brighten your day then this could be a fun app for you.

There is a point of this game though. You can shoot poor Smith all over the place and see how far of a distance you can hurl him at while tallying up scores. I'd rather just find new things to shoot him at and watch his limbs bend in way they are not supposed to

For only .99 cents it is worth it to me since it brings me morbid laughter at the expense of Smith I would love for there to be helpless screams while his body crunches .............maybe in an update?

Check it out if you have an extra buck and need a good laugh!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311933566&mt=8

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Or you could buy Mr. Smith for a dollar more (I think) and get all the mini games as unlockables.

04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah, can't wait for the update to do this in Mr. Smith.
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Wait, am I understanding this correctly that you're paying 99 for a game that features a massive blimp that says "Your Ad Here"? Or am I missing something?
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Wait, am I understanding this correctly that you're paying 99 for a game that features a massive blimp that says "Your Ad Here"? Or am I missing something?
I'm sure he wouldn't actually put an ad there....

Or would he...

04-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Hum, nice review! Thanks "TheBrianPerryProject" !
About the ad : it's there mainly due to an incredible lack of imagination and time while texturing the airship (and couldn't leave it blank...), but after having it placed I thought that if real ads were collected the game could be free (but i still should think about it)...
Anyhow next update will have a new texture for the airship with a fantasy logo and regarding real ads I still have to decide and would be happy to receive suggestions (even for the fantasy logo)...

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 04-22-2009 at 12:00 PM.
04-22-2009, 12:22 PM
You should put a Touch Arcade banner on there

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I'm sure he wouldn't actually put an ad there....

Or would he...
I don't think it'd be wrong. Blimps are commonly used for that.

In addition, PC/PS3 games, such as Pro Evolution Soccer, display adds where they normally are in real life too.

Finally, don't forget Coca-cola:

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
touchArcade banner : good idea, but i'll probably have to ask permission to the owners... Might try do

Carlos-Sz: you are right, many games have real ads in them. And actually gives more to the realism if ads are in places where ads should be
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
9 innings baseball has ads on the scoreboard for Chronicles of Inotia

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale