★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I need more then 9 pages

11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I need more then 9 pages

At this point I have almost 200 apps downloaded through iTunes. Many games, many for productivity, music, utilities, etc. My 16gb phone has almost 10gb of music, .5 gb of pictures and the rest mostly apps and ebook storage. I have 9 pages filled with apps and still have almost 2gb free. I want more pages. With the rate that apps are being released (was last night some sort of record?) I am getting tired of trying to figure out what app I am going to take off in order to add a new one. I have at least 35-40 apps that are just sitting in iTunes that I can't put on my phone, not due to the lack of available memory, but due to the lack of pages. It's a shame because the result is that I will spend significantly less $$ in the app store simply because I can't find a place to put new apps.

I want more pages!
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Covered here , and here .

11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Store them in itunes, and there is nothing wrong with getting the garbage apps off once you download them and realize how bad they are. If you need constant access to over 144 apps then you need some iPhone app therapy.
11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah what are the odds you're going to play every one of those games again? I try to keep it down to three pages, even though i could fill 7 or so... There are just games that you know you won't play again (Cro Mag Racer) and so delete them from your phone, but not from iTunes...
11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
This feels like a Bill Gates moment. "Who could ever need that much RAM/many apps?"

It's an unnecessary limitation. It serves no purpose. It will be removed. It - like so many things - is down to how long it takes Apple to remove head from posterior and deliver.
11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Covered here , and here .
LoL, Newbs
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Hey 1337 -

You should be proud of yourself that your self-worth is measured by the amount of posts that you have on Touch Arcade. Maybe you shoudl get a life instead. I'm not a newb, just didn't bother to search for old threads - far from the end of the world. And there is value in making points in new threads, even if older ones already exist. Chances are, I've been using and buying gadgets since before you were born. So before you are quick to point out "newb" maybe you should consider what your standing in life is, such that you find it necessary to be quick to criticize the starting of a thread on an iphone games application site.

In fact, maybe you should get a life.
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Hey 1337 -

I'm not a newb, just didn't bother to search for old threads
Ok Not a newb, just lazy... And my self worth is measured by posts, ahh see it went up one more point... Thank you.