★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ExZeus WorldWide leaderboard

View Poll Results: How should be the next ExZeus WW Leaderbord ?
Keep it the way it is. 0 0%
Add another 100 entries. 1 14.29%
Screen Score player and keep the best Score only 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
04-22-2009, 12:24 AM
ExZeus WorldWide leaderboard

Hi,

Looking recently to the ExZeus WW leaderboard, i have noticed that the scores are pretty higher than my expectection, even in beginner you'll have probably to reach last level in order to put your name now or just to see some realtime scoring happening, so i am wondering.... should we add another 100 entries (to bring the total to 200) or shall we keep it that way for the "elite" only , or, another option shall we screen at the submission so we keep just 1 submission per user ( the best score ) only ?

Like to have your opinion

Thanks

Carlo

Name : Carlo Perconti
Company : HyperDevbox Japan
Game released for iPod/iPhone : ExZeus,LoveCatch
04-22-2009, 01:54 AM
First off, I love this game! Second off, I'm terrible at it and will probably never reach a leaderboard anyway. With that being said, I like the idea of only being able to have 1 high score per player, and it couldn't be a bad thing to expand to 200 scores on the list (depending on how many people there are submitting scores daily). Maybe you could have like a weekly/monthly leaderboard, that way if people want to stay on top, they'll have to keep coming back to the game to get new high scores. Or you could even do seperate leaderboards for each level. Actually I don't know if that would work...

Dang, over an hour and nobody responded to this? Are people still interested in ExZeus? I got this game for like 2 or 3 dollars and think it's pretty amazing, although brutally hard. I wish there were more games like it!

04-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOARDUMB View Post
First off, I love this game! Second off, I'm terrible at it and will probably never reach a leaderboard anyway. With that being said, I like the idea of only being able to have 1 high score per player, and it couldn't be a bad thing to expand to 200 scores on the list (depending on how many people there are submitting scores daily). Maybe you could have like a weekly/monthly leaderboard, that way if people want to stay on top, they'll have to keep coming back to the game to get new high scores. Or you could even do seperate leaderboards for each level. Actually I don't know if that would work...

Dang, over an hour and nobody responded to this? Are people still interested in ExZeus? I got this game for like 2 or 3 dollars and think it's pretty amazing, although brutally hard. I wish there were more games like it!
Thanks We have couple of thousand hit a day on the WW leaderboard, so this is enough consequent, the submission rate is getting lower since now the entry level is already high (thanks to the good players around), we have already a different board per difficulty , beginner /advanced/expert, however, everybody is able to submit in any category...we are thinking that adding 100 entries could be a temporary good option...while soon or later, it will be filled again but then just the screen of the best score per user would reduce the multiple entries...we are also considering displaying the 3 best on the main HUD display (rotating) rather than just the first one...... Since we need to provide a new version with the new country flags now available in itune store ( more or less 15 ), we shall take the opportunity to update at that time....

Carlo

04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Humm Apparently there is not that much feedback here in TA but we did collect enough information from overall forums to draw a decision, we shall keep it the 100 entries only but every 1st day of every month, the server will consolidate and keep just the best score, that means you have a full calendar month to try then just the best will remain.

Btw, for those who are new to iPhone, pasting here our new GamePlay video, i suggest to push the sound and to watch it in HQ to really appreciate the Arcade Atmosphere we put in this title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeimXsbD6Xc

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 04-26-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: hq embed
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Is it this one? Your video embedding... failed.
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
YouTube: video

Is it this one? Your video embedding... failed.
Thanks yes, how do you paste the code for embedded youtube video ?

04-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo View Post
Thanks yes, how do you paste the code for embedded youtube video ?
[ youtube ] SeimXsbD6Xc [ /youtube ]

The code above without the spaces.

The "SeimXsbD6Xc" is the string of numbers and letters after "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
[ youtube ] SeimXsbD6Xc [ /youtube ]

The code above without the spaces.

The "SeimXsbD6Xc" is the string of numbers and letters after "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="
so simple...lol...thanks

04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo View Post
so simple...lol...thanks
Or you can just copy the embed code and wrap around with
[ youtube ] [ /youtube ]. That's what I usually do. Either way works though, whichever way you prefer

I personally own this game, and it's probably the BEST arcade type game out there. I'm really disappointed that this game has been somewhat under the radar because this game is AWESOME. I still can't get past stage 5 or 6, so difficult (that's not a bad thing, it's wonderful!). The graphics are amazing, the array of weapons = amazing, everything about this game. People who haven't grabbed it yet should because you are MISSING OUT.
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Or you can just copy the embed code and wrap around with
[ youtube ] [ /youtube ]. That's what I usually do. Either way works though, whichever way you prefer

I personally own this game, and it's probably the BEST arcade type game out there. I'm really disappointed that this game has been somewhat under the radar because this game is AWESOME. I still can't get past stage 5 or 6, so difficult (that's not a bad thing, it's wonderful!). The graphics are amazing, the array of weapons = amazing, everything about this game. People who haven't grabbed it yet should because you are MISSING OUT.
Thanks, there is a lot of release recently and the only thing that ExZeus is missing is an AppleStore with better categories, the Arcade category is very crowded and full of things which are not really "Arcade--ish" in my opinion