★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Nick and Penny are stuck in the back seat of the family van, but they'd really rather be skateboarding. Using their imagination, they leave the boring backseat and enter the land of Dream Skate! Help them collect candy as they skate on rooftops, telephone poles, and even clouds! Keep an eye out for mail boxes, monster trucks, and anything else that will cut your trip short.

Skate your way through the suburbs, a construction zone, and Main Street in this delightful daydream. Make Dream Skate a reality in this addictive simple one-touch game.

Dream Skate features:

- 30 Levels of addictive action-packed gameplay
- 3 Unique Stages Suburbs, Construction and Main Street
- Simple one-touch gameplay
- Unlockable characters and stages

"Dream Skate is one of those games that is, in a word, great. It's simple, Easy to play, yet challenging enough to hold players' interests. Not only that, but it's just fun and charming."

Gamezebo 4 Star Rating

"Dream Skate is a blast of platformer fun for the iPhone and iPad, and its bargain-bin $ .99 pricing makes it an absolute steal. If youre looking for a platforming game thats fun, features great graphics, and comes cheap, then hesitate no further: Dream Skate earns a full recommendation from us."

theiphoneappreview.com 4.5 Star Rating

Tweet us @fugazoinc

Join Us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/fugazo

Watch the Official Trailer:
http://youtu.be/3Prz0OJKrws

Check out our the Fugazo website:
http://www.fugazo.com
07-19-2011, 04:41 AM

07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
The thing that is putting me off is the fact that it goes right to left rather than the normal left to right for some reason I have played games that do that before and I have found it awkward . Don't know if it's just me or does anyone else think the same .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
07-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
The thing that is putting me off is the fact that it goes right to left rather than the normal left to right for some reason I have played games that do that before and I have found it awkward . Don't know if it's just me or does anyone else think the same .
Maybe it's Japanese? They read right to left maybe their games get played that way too?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Maybe it's Japanese? They read right to left maybe their games get played that way too?
Ha ha maybe your right but it does seem a strange design choice

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Ha ha maybe your right but it does seem a strange design choice
Hey guys, I am the biz-dev for the developer of Dream Skate, Fugazo. I have an answer why we chose the right to left scrolling. Since most people play with their right thumb, if the game was to scroll from left to right, then the right thumb would be covering the front of the level. This way, you can keep your thumb on the right and be able to see all the obstacles.

We have a couple of free promo codes to give away, just send me an email to eugene@fugazo.com

Maybe you can write a review for us?
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Thought the same thing as soon as I started watching. And sadly, that and that alone, will keep me from buying. Just couldn't play it from right to left.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
07-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianWorm View Post
Hey guys, I am the biz-dev for the developer of Dream Skate, Fugazo. I have an answer why we chose the right to left scrolling. Since most people play with their right thumb, if the game was to scroll from left to right, then the right thumb would be covering the front of the level. This way, you can keep your thumb on the right and be able to see all the obstacles.

We have a couple of free promo codes to give away, just send me an email to eugene@fugazo.com

Having played it plenty since launch, I can wholeheartedly back up his claim. I actually thought it was a good design decision, but that would not be obvious until you play it.

The game is really nicely done, primarily due to the gameplay mechanics and the level design. I have the feeling this game could take off, after a few more people play it. Give it a spin.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianWorm View Post

I actually think that's clever! Even tho I play with left thumb... I sent you a pm of review request.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Thought the same thing as soon as I started watching. And sadly, that and that alone, will keep me from buying. Just couldn't play it from right to left.
Would you play it if it went left to right?