★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Traffic Lights $.99

04-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Traffic Lights $.99

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311523419&mt=8

Has anyone tried this out or want to TOFTT?

It looks interesting. Time management game....hoping for impressions

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 04-22-2009 at 03:09 AM.
04-22-2009, 03:20 AM
It looks a bit like this:

http://www.addictinggames.com/trafficcontrol2.html

Will try one (or both?) of them later....

04-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selina View Post
It looks a bit like this:

http://www.addictinggames.com/trafficcontrol2.html

Will try one (or both?) of them later....
Yes it does look like that. Thanks.

If you get this app please let us know how it is.

04-22-2009, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Yes it does look like that. Thanks.

If you get this app please let us know how it is.
yes it does that game is pretty fun but hard mostly due to the graphics seems like stuff blends in too much...

This game seems to be a little different as it seemed impossible to have collisions in that game and the app desc. says its possible in the game.

Who knows this could be the next Flight Control lol.
04-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
Who knows this could be the next Flight Control lol.
Lol I was thinking the same thing. I originally had that in my OP but I edited it out when adding pics and stuff.

04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Well.... it all seems a bit manic even on 'easy' but maybe it's just me??? You're right about collisions though - I have yet to have one, the cars all stop politely for each other - and then get gridlocked! No doubt I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem much scope with this game - just loads of little cars rushing about, or not, as the case may be?!
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey guys, this is my app Thanks for all the comments.

That'd be amazing if it was the next Flight Control, haha.. but honestly Flight Control is a great game and I doubt this is anywhere near that. I really liked the concept so I thought I'd share it.

As for collisions, they are only disabled in 'Sandbox' mode. I made the sandbox mode because I enjoyed just watching the app do its thing while I was bored at work. In Sandbox, the cars will stop politely for eachother. If they gridlock though, try clicking on the cars. It'll blow them up (dont you wish you had that feature when you're stuck in traffic?)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. If you have any tips on how to make it better please let me know.

Edit: Oh ya, as for easy, it's really meant to be really really easy and boring. It's so people get an introduction to the game. Try Medium->Insane to get a feel for it all.
04-22-2009, 07:24 PM
So is this like the ultimate TM game?

back
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
So is this like the ultimate TM game?
I don't know if it's the ultimate.. it's my first foray into TM (I'm guessing that means Traffic Management?), so there are probably some features it's lacking. If you tell me what you'd like to see though I'll get it in the next couple releases.
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
I don't know if it's the ultimate.. it's my first foray into TM (I'm guessing that means Traffic Management?), so there are probably some features it's lacking. If you tell me what you'd like to see though I'll get it in the next couple releases.
time management

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*